corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EXHAUST ADVICE PLEASE - Rasp on 1.4 16v corsa b's??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EXHAUST ADVICE PLEASE - Rasp on 1.4 16v corsa b's??
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
13th Oct 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do all exhaust systems with a straight through centre pipe on the 1.4 16v corsa b (x14xe) have the really loud and annoying rasp sound??
My sebring exhaust rasps a lot and i went to st Albans powerflow (Top Gear) who told me the only way to stop the rasp would be to have a centre silencer which wud quieten down the exhaust noticably???

I think there must be people without centre silencers whose exhausts dont pasp, and if so where and how did you get it done??

Also second question, i want one of the backboxs listed HERE and wonder what diference the diameter of the silencer will make to the sound??

i.e.

Part No TG2G

Silencer Dia 140 mm
Tail pipe 100 mm
carnoisseurcraig

13th Oct 03 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the magnex system. The middle section is cut out and it sounds sweet. Really deep low sounding note.

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by carnoisseurcraig]
IntaCepta

13th Oct 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as above
AdiSRI

14th Oct 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else??

New Poll