corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » To rasp or not to rasp??? (exhaust...)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author To rasp or not to rasp??? (exhaust...)
CRB 553

User status: Offline
   27th May 03 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a twin 3" powerflow full system....not too loud but has a nice note and does not rasp, considering swapping a mate for a 6x4 which is loudest ive heard on a corsa but it has a rasp to it.....

Wot does every1 think of raspy exhausts, so they sound too much 'boy racer', its either a powerflow or a sebring btw......

Chris
AdiSRI

27th May 03 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the sebring 6x4 Oval too and that rasps a lot. Cannot decide if i like it or not, think i may get a powerflow zorst sometime tho...
can say tho that the quality of the sebring parts are good.
CRB 553

27th May 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i carnt make my mind up on the rasp coz powerflow one has a smooth 'performance' sound to it, but the 6 x 4 he's got is so loud....!
corsa120

27th May 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno why every1 has the problem with raspy exhausts i like it listen to all the cars in fast an furious they rasp, ppl say it sounds like a boyracing nova driver but come we are not driving nova's there nice corsa's so does it matter i like elegent sounds too alot but raspy is kool to me get that rally slag sound goin not trying to convince ppl u got a v8 undernieth
but thats me othere ppl will feel opposite tho
AdiSRI

27th May 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it does sound cool when ure gunning it. Whenever i drive past people they always say Bloody hell thats loud!
SXIBOYO

27th May 03 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AdiSri is right, his zorst is very loud, i was in a petrol station and heard it bout half a mile away it sounded beasty if anything. It made me think twice about a powerflow but to be honest as long as it sounds good like Adi's should you really change something that is already good?
CRB 553

27th May 03 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

err...does ne1 know if a 6 x 4 will fit through a rieger rear?
moddedcorsa

27th May 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CRB 553
err...does ne1 know if a 6 x 4 will fit through a rieger rear?

yip, no problem, guy near me had a magnes 6x4 in rieger rear, fitted perfect, no cutting and still a bit of space around the top an bottom of it
sxi16vjoe

27th May 03 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the magnex 6x4 comes out at a different angle to the sebring.

New Poll