corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tip on removing side strip glue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tip on removing side strip glue
Geeza10328

User status: Offline
12th Oct 03 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have spent hours trying to get the glue off before and finally have now found the ideal quickest way to get the evil glue off under the rub strips. The answer is white spirit and using a de icer scrapper. The ones that have the rubber bit on one side a plastic sort of fin on the other. Bascially rub white spirit over the glue making sure it soaks in, leave for 30 secs then using the plastic fin side of the scrapper, scrap off the glue. Repeat this until all the glue has come off, then u might have to use a sponge or sumfin to get rid of the last tiny bit.

The de icer scrapper thingy is ideal cos its sharp and hard enough to get rid of the glue but soft and blunt enough so it doesn't scratch the paintwork. Doing one side of the car took me about 5 hours before I found this way, then using the de icer and white spirit the other side took me about and hour including polishing it afterwards.

Tidus

12th Oct 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool M8, Gonna Do it Next Weekend! Waiting for a Quote on having my Corsa B Arches, Front & Rear standard Black Bumper Bits Colour Coded. whats a Resonable Price for Doing this? Its Atlantis Blue (Solid)
Adam-D

12th Oct 03 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found if you spray some tar and glue remover on it
then rub it with an eraser itll come off dead easy
langey

12th Oct 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tidus
Cool M8, Gonna Do it Next Weekend! Waiting for a Quote on having my Corsa B Arches, Front & Rear standard Black Bumper Bits Colour Coded. whats a Resonable Price for Doing this? Its Atlantis Blue (Solid)

i got the same colour car and am getting the same thing done lol.

when you find a price let me know how much.

my mate has a air compressor and i might just get him to do it, how much would plastic primer and the paint cost?? he's sprayed all of one side of his car and it looks smart
mattyboy199

12th Oct 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u let me know to please lads
Tidus

12th Oct 03 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL! I Cant see it bein to much, as its a solid colour and only the black bits that need doing. Think Hellfords sell the paint in tins for £15 or somthing.

Lights dont look right with that black strip.

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by Tidus]

New Poll