corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 8v problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 8v problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skipz

User status: Offline
   5th Oct 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know of any problems that the 1.4 8v's are prone to? My cars done 130,000miles ran like a sweetie when i got it done an oil change and i'm just gettin round to doing a timing belt it started making a tapping noise after bootin it on the motorway (put it down to the tappets) then when me and the girlfriend met up with a couple of friends tonite i booted the car really hard to keep up with my mates Rover 218Vi and the engine just died, we had to push it to get started, i've had a few probs starting it checked the battery it's fine the alternator has a bad bearing but it's chargin the battery ok, we cant figure what the problem is any of you's got a clue what could be wrong???
PaulW

6th Oct 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
i booted the car really hard to keep up with my mates Rover 218Vi

1.4's aint 'that' good

but that is more than likely the main reason, the engine just saying ahhh fek off I aint avin no more!

Check ur dizzy, you may have killed all the points in it, or you could of just blown the headgasget running it like crazy
Skipz

6th Oct 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur probably right! trying to keep up with a 170bhp Rover 218 VI aint that easy speacially when it's only mods are in the engine bay!

[Edited on 06-10-2003 by h18_oab]
jjcymru

6th Oct 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.4 8v engines will do 200k looked after with regular oil and filter change and a timing belt every 40k
drunkenfool

6th Oct 03 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine will be going past the 123,456 mile mark today or tomorrow. i got a camera ready!
Skipz

6th Oct 03 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i've just bought the car a month ago and that was the first time i've really kinda hammered it i held it to 5000rpm before i changed gear as we slowed down the lil git just went everything just went off no lights stereo, and very nearly nae brakes!
essexandy

7th Oct 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got a 95 sri and it has done 112,000 miles. I rag the arse off it and have never had any problems except having to put a new clutch in about 1500 miles ago
Skipz

11th Oct 03 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have now found out there was two problems !st one theAlternator was gubbed causing it to run just on the battery it eventually cut out the 2nd problem is the knocking is coming from a f**ked camshaft looks like my car is up for a new engine anyone with a spare 1.4 8v or a 1.4 16v (with all the needed parts to put into a 8v) let me know when were and how much!
jr

11th Oct 03 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know of a 1.4 16v engine only for £125 but it's in essex
Adam-D

11th Oct 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buggered the camshaft eh?
arse!
put a sri engine in more power etc etc
as long as there looked after them engines are fine
as i have one