corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I Filled And Sprayed My Bumper

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I Filled And Sprayed My Bumper
Valleyscorsa

User status: Offline
28th Sep 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is one then , surely not dearer than the rieger one
Kris TD

28th Sep 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bout £235

very expensive.
Valleyscorsa

28th Sep 03 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JESUS! Thats alot for wat it is, prob be cheaper to go the rieger route then, even if i have to pay for the fitting of the grill
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

28th Sep 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do u still need to cover the hole if you get1 of those pvd grills coz it covers where the hole has been?
Geeza10328

28th Sep 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some1 said bak on this post that you don't need to lacquer flame red corsa paint, but I've done quite a bit of colour coding on my car now and ave gradually got better at it, but I've found that when I didn't put lacquer on the paint was dull and it came off after a few months. I did rub everything down very well and got glass finishes on the primer so it wasn't that. Anyway redone some parts and have used lacquer after paint and not only does it make it shiny but protects it from lil knocks and gives it more flexability instead of just cracking.

(using spray cans this is),How many coats of primer should be used on a bare black bumper and how long shud it be left after the last coats of primer before painting? and how many coats of paint shud be used to give the best finish, (using spray cans this is), and how long should you leave once you've finished the last coat and lacquering?

I know loadsa of questions and I've found out that wen doin diy spraying you will just get better at it everytime you do it. And theres always room for improvement.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

29th Sep 03 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did 2 coats of primer, but i needed extra for the places where i used that high build filler primer stuff, and i did 2-3 coats of paint, i think i will laquer it now coz it does make them more hard wearing and shinier, without having to flat it all out.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll