corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hit front bumper on kurb - how can i repair????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hit front bumper on kurb - how can i repair????
Andy GSi

User status: Offline
   2nd Apr 03 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last night i drove over a kurb, didn't relise how high it was and cracked my front bumper, don't know if fibre glass is crack or just the paint!!!!

what can i do just to cover it up, does the whole bumper need to be rubbed down and primed, then re-sprayed

i got the touch up brush on it this morning, which covered all the scraps

cheers
Russ2k2

2nd Apr 03 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if u covered all the scraps then and cant see nothing else wrong with it tem problem solved?
my front catches everywhere and is fucked underneath and will be until i get me coilovers. nevermind ay, bit of protective tape iv used to stop it from mashing the bumper up
Andy GSi

2nd Apr 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what can i do about the cracks, will they spread??? is there anything i can do to cover the cracks????
STEvieXE

2nd Apr 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they need to be drilled at both ends to stop them from spreading then grinded out and filled over m8. if u need it fixed then ull need to smooth over the damage with f/glass if there broke thro or if there really deep etc. if there not to bad then it just needs filled with isopon. then needs bumper rubbed down and painted. u might be able to get away with just painting half the bumper but personally id paint it all
Kris TD

3rd Apr 03 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, just use fibreglass matting on the back. then sand it and fill it.
Robertio_uk

3rd Apr 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know how u feel, i have now had 2 font bumpers, 5 cracks and i just got another on front and back, plus its been all smoothed ito bodywork and its a nightmare to keep crack free.

New Poll