corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » quick Q - foam or rubber

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick Q - foam or rubber
M4tt

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is better on subs is foam or rubber surround, i was thinking rubber?

cheer

matt
Dan
Premium Member

12th Sep 03 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say rub....only because the majority of top end subs ive seen use it....(awaites correction by austinpxx)

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
M4tt

12th Sep 03 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's what i thought, but i've been havin a gander at soem audiobahn subs and they have a strange range.

they do some with big thick foam surrounds, some with little foam surrounds with bigger magnets etc.

i thinking of getting one with a smaller rubber surround, but a bigger magnet.

but can't decide if a smaller magnet and thicker foam surround would be better.

if ya get me?

matt
DIGGIDY

12th Sep 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget about the foam or rubber surrounds, big or small doesn't really matter, the size dictates the throw... the bigger the surround the more throw the cone has in general...

The bigger the magnet the bigger the output, unless they use neodium mag's which can be rediculously small...

you'll more likely to find rubber surrounds on most subs as this is more likely to take a bigger beating... foam surrounds have less resistance in movement and are more suseptable to damage...
M4tt

12th Sep 03 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks diggidy.

the audiobahn sub im looking at has a small ish rubber surround at about 3/4-1inch ( can't rem) but has 60oz magnet with 500RMS output. all for £105.

sound ne good m8

matt

New Poll