corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake juddering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake juddering
Edtrix_GSI16V

User status: Offline
   7th Sep 03 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im having problems with my brakes on a Corsa Gsi everytime i put my foot on them their juddering to a stop.

at first i thought it was warped discs so i just bought some new ones and had them fitted but its still continueing to do so i was wondering if someone else hear as had the same problem and can maybe help me?
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

7th Sep 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be caliper slides.
Mine juddered and just got a v6 brake setup as i knew it'd be fixed and less chance of breaking again.
Juha GSi

7th Sep 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have the same problem, and its because*in my case* ABS. in the rear drums, there is a sensor ring for the ABS sensor and its twisted. in my case it can be sorted with changing them to discs.

could be any part of the ABS system.

do you hear the sound from ABS pump?
Mav 3000

7th Sep 03 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've the same problem. I thought it may be a buckled alloy but the service I had yesterday said the brakes were slightly warped. this isn't on a GSI with ABS though.

I plan to upgrade to a V6 setup as soon as I can afford one. Hopefully this will cure it.
Juha GSi

7th Sep 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just fitted this year ebc discs and green pads.
i wish id gone somethig like hi-spec 285mm or V6...
absolute worst is the brakes at back...

any experience on hi-spec?
Nobby

7th Sep 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I warped the standard discs on my 1600 sport.

Upgrading to the V6 setup solved the problem, not managed to warp 288mm vented discs.

Not yet anyway.
Edtrix_GSI16V

7th Sep 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well when i brake hard i can hear juddering on the front brakes i think. as i slow down it feels like their totally gonna collapse and not worki is that a better explaining for help?
Doesnt feel like its from the rear at all,sounds like either the caliper slides or something with the ABS,it also feels alot worse on the drivers side anymore sugestions?
Juha GSi

7th Sep 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the pedal feel diffrent when the sound is there? cos if its ABS, pedal jumps when you brake.the sound also is leading that way...
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

7th Sep 03 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines not got ABS and was just as you described, you can get V6 kits from £200, not much more than a standard set of calipers would cost.
Less likely to warp as the discs are 26mm thick instead of 20mm, as well as being a bigger diameter.
I had red dot groved discs and pads which i warped, id go for bigger brakes every time now as ive got the cheap v6 pads and they still dont fade from 110mph to a stop!
If you aint got £200 get some ATE calipers, discs + pads off an astra GTE in a scrappie!
Edtrix_GSI16V

7th Sep 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pedal does jump yes,what are these v6 brakes u all keep going on about? what they come off?

[Edited on 07-09-2003 by Edtrix_GSI16V]
M4tt

7th Sep 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does your sterring wheel juder as well? if not then it could be the back brakes.
Juha GSi

7th Sep 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its jumping it definately something wrong with ABS. might be anything. sensor, or a cracked wire or the sensorplate in rear drums.or relay or the ABS headunit. does it show the abs light? if it does, show it in vaux garage, theyll read it and might be able to tell what is the fault.

if its the rear drums easiest way is to swap em to discs, its better for the future.
Edtrix_GSI16V

7th Sep 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no ABS light on at all m8, does that mean its nothing to do with the abs? or does it mean its not picking it up? and yes the steering wheel does judder,
1.6 Sport BadBoy

7th Sep 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem mate, happened after changing over my alloys from me mams corsa c to my corsa b. This may sound a bit silly but have you tried checking if your wheel nuts are loose, if not, i suggest you do before shelling out on a new set of V6 brakes. I found this to be the source of my problem, tighened them as hard as poss at the time but they sometimes work their way free when newly applied. at least this is what i was told by north east choachworks when i first recieved my new alloys.

anyway, hope this is of help to ya
Juha GSi

8th Sep 03 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if steering is juddering too, its maybe not ABS. but one really knows about the pedal feel is it abs braking and it shouldnt be, so if you are lightly braking and the noise and pedal jump comes, its ABS. i didnt have the ABS light when my ABS attack started, it just came later, but check your alloys...
might be something loose or twisted, as badboy suggested....
Edtrix_GSI16V

8th Sep 03 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks

New Poll