corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FK suspension

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK suspension
jam

User status: Offline
16th Aug 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any eles got the fk suspension kit fitted to there corsa ??

I got a 40mm kit fitted about a week ago and it really low at the front . It look more like 60mm at the front when it ment to be 40mm , the back seems to be about right . So now i got to get some new springs , as it rubbing really bad and it too low for what i want .

Just wanted to know if any1 has experianced this with the fk kit ?? or is mine a freak kit .

thx

jam
M4tt

16th Aug 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some FK kits have 60 at the front and 40 at the rear, maybe that's what they sent you?
jam

16th Aug 03 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah well thats what i think but pvd hav told me that ive deff got the 40/40 mm kit , thx anyway

jam
moddedcorsa

16th Aug 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the exact same prob jam!!!! 40/40 kit and front was down at least 60 i would hav said, but pvd assured me it was 40 all round!

Fitted my old p1 -40 front springs and it sits so nice now.
jam

16th Aug 03 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moddedcorsa
i had the exact same prob jam!!!! 40/40 kit and front was down at least 60 i would hav said, but pvd assured me it was 40 all round!

Fitted my old p1 -40 front springs and it sits so nice now.

Whoohoo it not just me then , i think it must just be the nature of the kit or we hav both been given the wrong kit .
U say u fitted p1 spring to the front , i was thinking about getting some p1 springs . But i wasnt sure weather to get 30mm or 45mm ones , as i would the sri ones . Are the springs u fitted the -40 for a standard corsa ??

thx for any help
jam
moddedcorsa

16th Aug 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they are -40, i think, as they came on the car wen i bought it, but the front are fairly low, so could b 45.

Only reason i got fk kit was that the rear p1 springs collapsed as they are the same poundage rate as std, and thought it would b better to hav full kit, rather than mix and match. But the fk front was just too low 2 b practical for me. so i put the p1 springs back on to see if it raised it, and it did, so ive just left them, ride is quite good, as is handling
jam

16th Aug 03 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thx m8 u been a big help , think ill get the p1 -45 . Thing is i quit like the way a low front end looks and I could maybe get away with having the front at 60mm , as i only need car at weekends , but i like countryroads too much for a low rubbing front end

thx
jam
moddedcorsa

16th Aug 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, imo 60/40 doesnt look right, get the p1 -45, u wont be dissappointed.

No probs, i remember how frustrating not knowing what was up with the suspension, as no 1 else had the fk kit, i had 1 of the firts sets, and i thought i had fitted it wrong as there were no instructions.

New Poll