corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Time computers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Time computers
James

User status: Offline
27th Jul 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im lookin at gettin a pc 4 uni and ive been lookin around and although ive never been a great fan of time computers lookin on http://www.timecomputers.com they have sum well cheap packages, what are peoples opinions on time?

cheers, james
Craig6682

27th Jul 03 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't know much about computers then I would recommend that you get one with a good warranty as so much software wise can go wrong.
Romford Astra

27th Jul 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work in computers and if i be honest......dont waste your "time" on that company, i had enough people phoning my company asking for help.
Lucky B

27th Jul 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Time laptop aint let me down yet.
Craig6682

27th Jul 03 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much can really go wrong with the Hardware these days so i don't think that it really matters what company you get it from as long as you get a decent machine and service.
Mark_Robson

27th Jul 03 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time were voted worst for Customer Service in a survey a little while ago... Not sure what it's like now.

As for the machines, I would stay as far away as poss! My friend has one and it has caused him more problems than enough.

My experiences of them have been poor too. I am currently employed as a Computer Technician and have been for about 6 years and in that time I have seen very few decent "Time" machines.

Hope this helps.

Mark.
luca2020

27th Jul 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a time machine, nout wrong with it, has fucked up once and had it for like 4 years, with a few upgrades as well
Dan B

27th Jul 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't it Time that got featured on Watchdog a while ago? For charging exorbitant amounts for their Tech Support line, because someone had paid almost the same amount they paid for their machine, and Time still hadn't fixed it over the phone...

Or was that Tiny, I can't remember......either way, build your own or get a mate to do it if you're not sure of your way around computers.
Fraser Young

27th Jul 03 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had loads of comps/laptops from loadsa diff. places... an they may be more expensive but would never buy anything but a Dell...
Happy_2008

27th Jul 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time = Tiny are the worst comps you can ever buy, i had one it crashed all the time. Bloody useless, also my mate had one and did the same thing as well!!! Buy Dell they are pretty good
Mattb

27th Jul 03 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ditto, tiny/time = wank computers
James

27th Jul 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im doing a computing degree and i wouldnt call myself a novice so hopefully i wont be using Time Support, instead of putting tiny/time = wank computers can you put why you think that?? Cheers, James
Happy_2008

27th Jul 03 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiny and time have both merged in the so called computer world i think. Its not about whether your a novice or not, it just crashes all da time causing stress when your doing important stuff. The decision is urs but personally i would stay far away as possible. Goods prices but crap build quality and VERY VERY unreliable

New Poll