corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Major life decision

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Major life decision
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
   10th Jun 03 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going back to uni to do a PhD when my car loan is paid off. my work is really crap at the moment and my status is not recognised. the Old school can GTF I have 2 degrees but I am treated like a pleb well I've had enough.
Sooty
Banned

10th Jun 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can GTF cant they
SetH

Sounds like a plan, if you can finance yourself ok.
Red_SXi

please GTF no-one cares
Trotty

Could be interesting - would this be full time, or sponsored by your current work?

How long would it be for?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

10th Jun 03 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm goin to Uni next year to get a more highly paid job and get some more qualifications so yeah go back mate
vibrio
Banned

10th Jun 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this would be a normal PhD. I would not pay for it. just a shame I got 3 years to wait till the loan is paid off
SetH

10th Jun 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What degrees do you hold vibrio?
CORSA NUT

10th Jun 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pay is now about 17K with my overtime.I get 32 hours a month for travelling to and from work.Plus i don't drive myself.

I got the job through hard work and making a name for myself in the industry i'm in.I got poached.lol.

My point is that maybe you have chosen the wrong direction...You might be better in another field.Police forensics maybe??
CORSA NUT

10th Jun 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH

PHD in GTF'ing

and a

Diploma in SMB
J da Silva

10th Jun 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont u spew yourself(kill yourself)?
hang from the rafters is a good option
SetH

10th Jun 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I spunked and puked my way through uni and got this job... it keeps me in sluts and out of the country for a while..... Its a normal degree, couldnt even be arsed with Hons......

Im gonna get a T-Shirt with that quote on it
mestonian

10th Jun 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 17 and am earning £16k as lead web developer mate for a marketing company.

I went into the job str8 from doing GCSE's and am now being considered for head of new media development.

The point im making is, money is in computers, all i did was learn HTML, Read a few Design books, get ideas, and designed a web page for a company.

I took this to the marketing company, who offered me a contract there and then, although only starting on 12k, this was good at the age of just turning 16, and now after 1 year i am earning 16k.

Id recommend learning web design, and getting into this if you can, check out how many jobs like this are going in your required area mate, then look into some courses, or let me know, ive got loadsa books u can study,

Good luck mate,
Sy
vibrio
Banned

10th Jun 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH

BSc Hons molecular Biology
MSc Characterisation of haemolytic bacteria isolated from turbot, Scophthalmus maximus (L.), Larvae
vibrio
Banned

10th Jun 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
i dont agree....

then you will just have 3 bits of paper with shit on it

Have you applied for other jobs? not gov sector pish.....

I spunked and puked my way through uni and got this job... it keeps me in sluts and out of the country for a while..... Its a normal degree, couldnt even be arsed with Hons......

yes adam but your a cunt . I need the PhD to get any further in my chosen area of research
Red_SXi

10th Jun 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mestonian

I went into the job str8 from doing GCSE's and am now being considered for head of new media development.

The point im making is, money is in computers, all i did was learn HTML, Read a few Design books, get ideas, and designed a web page for a company.

I took this to the marketing company, who offered me a contract there and then, although only starting on 12k, this was good at the age of just turning 16, and now after 1 year i am earning 16k.

Id recommend learning web design, and getting into this if you can, check out how many jobs like this are going in your required area mate, then look into some courses, or let me know, ive got loadsa books u can study,

Good luck mate,
Sy

Ok i'm not gonna diss you this time, but i think money is in computers at the mo, i build them and sell them and make some money, nothing good though. I do think that money wont be in computers in the near future though due to the amount of people learning IT and taking up jobs in IT
Sooty
Banned

10th Jun 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Good luck mate,
Sy

You are full of crap mate... web designers for marketing companies will not pay a consistant salary of 16k to nobody... what exactly do you claim to do?
mestonian

10th Jun 03 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh so id recommend Vibs to get in as quick as possible, and try make a good name for himself in this area. It doesnt take very long.
SetH

10th Jun 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok i'm not gonna diss you this time, but i think money is in computers at the mo, i build them and sell them and make some money, nothing good though. I do think that money wont be in computers in the near future though due to the amount of people learning IT and taking up jobs in IT

I agree, you dont have to be such a technical wizard IT professional anymore. so many people are moving into IT these days.
MarkM

10th Jun 03 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The IT boat has come and gone really...you need to specialize now...as said above in areas such as web design or multi-media systems!
J da Silva

10th Jun 03 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or he could just be a tradesman like me ,im fully trained commandin my own wage
mestonian

10th Jun 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You are full of crap mate... web designers for marketing companies will not pay a consistant salary of 16k to nobody... what exactly do you claim to do?

For fuck sakes, im LEAD WEB DEVELOPER for JDA which is the Judith Donovan Agency in leeds city centre, Were an international marketing agency with over 80 staff and an international client base, I oversee all work done by the other 2 web designers, And am responsible for its output, build, checking etc.

And yes i earn £16,000 per year, initially on a 12 month contract on £12k cos was gonna goto college, but offered permanant when decided to stay on.

Work for clients such as British Energy, Asda, Royal Mint, BT, Standard Life Healthcare, OAG, Liz Earle Cosmetics, Iceland, Halifax Bank, etc

If you would like to check on this information im sure they will happy to sort it for ya,

I will even supply you with the contact details.
Sooty
Banned

10th Jun 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got offered a temporary contract at 16/7 to design pages, that was php and html covered, with my resume of online design of about 3 years. I turned it down because its not really worthwhile for the time and effort put into it. I used to dable here and there.... 16k for a marketing company is a joke though, show me some evidence and proof of what you can muster up and the company you are contracted with.
SetH

10th Jun 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO 0wned and Boned
MarkM

10th Jun 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

For fuck sakes, im LEAD WEB DEVELOPER for JDA which is the Judith Donovan Agency in leeds city centre, Were an international marketing agency with over 80 staff and an international client base, I oversee all work done by the other 2 web designers, And am responsible for its output, build, checking etc.

And yes i earn £16,000 per year, initially on a 12 month contract on £12k cos was gonna goto college, but offered permanant when decided to stay on.

Work for clients such as British Energy, Asda, Royal Mint, BT, Standard Life Healthcare, OAG, Liz Earle Cosmetics, Iceland, Halifax Bank, etc

If you would like to check on this information im sure they will happy to sort it for ya,

I will even supply you with the contact details.

I feel whoever questioned or doubted your integrity have been well and truley told to GTF

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Major life decision 22 database queries in 0.0991139 seconds