corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Earthing Fogs - HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Earthing Fogs - HELP!
Foz

User status: Offline
24th Jun 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pretty much wired up now, my lives are connected to the bulbs and also to the sidelight live and all wired through the gromit to a switch. Final job is to earth it the fog lamps, where they are bolted to the bumper do i just wrap wire around that and bolt and then earth to the body? will this work? and also to make life easier can i just connect them to the side lights earth?

HeLp

[Edited on 24-06-2003 by Foz]
Foz

24th Jun 03 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT Someone must have some clues????????
Foz

24th Jun 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO I FEEL PEOPLE ON CS HAVE NOT GOT THE BRAINSSSSSSS!
Corsa_Mel

24th Jun 03 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are u saying u've got ur foglights live coming from ur sidelights live? if so I would be very cautious as foglights normally require alot of current. This is why you need a relay to switch them on and off.
vauxtillidie

24th Jun 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

earth them newhere on the car unless ur goin thru a relay which is a different ball game
DavC

24th Jun 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can earth them to any part of your cars body. drill a hole (or use an existing one) and clamp the cable down after removing the paint from around the area.
Also listen to Corsa_Mel cos theres a good chance you might melt something (i.e. headlight switch/ sidelight cables). Besides, how are you planning on turning off your fogs when its night and you get pulled or something??

New Poll