corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speakers not working?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speakers not working?????
corsa_chris

User status: Offline
22nd May 03 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got in ma car earlier and all my speakers but the sub have stopped working??? ive changed nothing so any ideas what it could be. the speakers which have gone all run off the hu(sony cdx mp40)
Richie

22nd May 03 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm try turnin the volume up lol!!

if that doesnt work you've either got the mute feature turned on, or you have blown the internal amp on the h/u.

Kris TD

22nd May 03 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same happened too mine. some headunits have a safety cut off. say one of the speaker wires shorts on something if its got caught and the casing has cut slashed then it turns off all the speakers so that you dont destroy the amp. found out what caused it on mine, the speaker wire in the drivers side door had got caught in the hinged and had cut it. check your wiring first. sub will still work. mines a kenwood headunit btw.,
corsa_chris

23rd May 03 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ill have a look
Cursa

23rd May 03 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The speakers on my Sony HU go very very quiet if the face isnt on right, whilst everything else works, try taking the face off and putting it back on again. This could be bollocks tho, maybe the action of me doings this connects a loose connection at the back, i dunno!
corsa_chris

23rd May 03 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i turn it up really loud you can hear it very quietly on the front left speaker but i cant hear it on any other...(except the sub, which is at usual volume)....any ideas???
Kris TD

24th May 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

borrow a mates headunit and see if it does the same.

New Poll