corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » QUESTION ABOUT 1.6 16V ENGINE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author QUESTION ABOUT 1.6 16V ENGINE
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
21st May 03 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate- seemed like you were having a pop or something -

as it happens yeah i did win 1k on the lottery about 4 months ago which i saved towards engine- also getting money for my 21st and saved my student loan- got enough to do something seriously mad but want to do it gradually to let my insurance company get used to the situation-- still havnt made up mind what engine im going for though
mav

21st May 03 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my 1.6 with Induction kit and magnex full system and decat pipe I got
118bhp on the rollers....Now I know rollers could be out etc etc..That was at cs rr day
at star performance and their rollers are meant to be accurate..
I would be looking for 120bhp with zorst,chip etc....

My engine has done 60k well maintained had new plugs ,leads,oil,oil filter etc done b4
it went on rollers>I know they don't make a diff but car was running well at time....
Cybermonkey

22nd May 03 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go with the 1.6. Its got great tuning potential, especially if you go for the C16XE engine. I have lots of fun with my 1.6, and cant wait to start modding the engine. I am looking at TB's too, as well as getting a decent inlet manifold. In response to the bloke who said that Patrick wished he had gone for the 2.0 conversion, Patrick modded his 1.6 with regal, using Dbollocks/Dbilias stuff, and a fucking pooperchip. No wonder his was running crap. You need to use the best of everything to retain reliability. The 1.6 is much lighter than the 2.0, will handle better and suprise many other larger CC'd cars. Also, the X16XEL is the 1.6 unit from the Astra MK4. Its crap.

Dave
Dr Pepper

22nd May 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the view im leaning towards cyber- plus it is cheaper to insure with my company by alot- and i mean alot!
Cybermonkey

22nd May 03 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes thats right. Just dont forget to declare everything to them!
Dr Pepper

22nd May 03 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the majority of peeps seem to favour 1.6 swap as a starting point

suprising- i thought everyone was gonna say its not worth it!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll