corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Switching from EE - 30 Day Notice Period & Final Bill

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Switching from EE - 30 Day Notice Period & Final Bill
deano87

User status: Offline
24th Oct 16 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm now due/elgible for an Upgrade and my current Contract expires on 14th November 2016. My next bill is due 26th October (2 days time).

I have seen a better deal on a 3rd party online retailer, however, the Sales Representative over the telephone just about matched it, so I Upgraded (apart from £300 of "free" gifts; I paid the same monthly payment but without gifts).

Part of clinching the deal was the 30 Day Notice Period. He said that if I "Cancelled" today and obtained my PAC code, then bought from the online retailer and this all went through, I'd essentially owe a whole months line rental? Is this correct? I thought it was a Pro Rata cost from the day after the bill date vs. the number transfer date.

e.g.
Contract: £25/month
Bill Date: 26th October
PAC Transfer: 28th October (for example).
Final Bill: 2 days @ £25/month = £1.66 (£25 / 30 * 2)

Or am I mistaken. Having thought you are always 1 month in advance, I thought your final bill is just the amount of the month you've taken, not a full month?

In summary he said I'd pay:
£25 on 26th October (current EE bill)
£25 (new provider initial rental in the near future, for example)
£25 on 26th November (final EE bill)

Was he correct?

[Edited on 26-10-2016 by deano87]
Neo

25th Oct 16 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your contract expires in November, so you pay till then hence the 1 extra month. He's correct. You won't pay first month for a while and it may even be in December dependent on contract date and payment date (so 5 weeks worth)
deano87

26th Oct 16 at 05:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see. Meh. Cancelled the EE upgrade so got to send that back. Gone with the Three deal via MPD. Delay on their stock so should work out ok not being on multiple contracts. Plus MPD phones are unlocked so can use my EE SIM for a bit whilst waiting for return and transferring numbers.

New Poll