corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20xe running perfect but wierd at the same time

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20xe running perfect but wierd at the same time
Rigby

User status: Offline
28th Jul 16 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My c20xe has a fault high voltage to the tps sensor so changed it and still has same code run and idles fine just stalls when comes to a stop, and when I unplug the sensor it runs perfect done about 150 miles with it unplugged? Any suggestions would
noshua

29th Jul 16 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get rid all I see is help posts about ur broken c20xe
Rigby

29th Jul 16 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't this forum so where to get help?
Generation

29th Jul 16 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not expert on wiring.

But if you're sure the fault is there, firstly make sure sensor you're using is working properly, even the replacement could be faulty if not new.

Then trace back the wiring going to it
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried cleaning out the idle control valve? It's on the back of the engine under the inlet manifold is usually a culprit for cutting out when coming to a standstill
Rigby

29th Jul 16 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It runs perfect with the tps sensor unplugged idles perfect pulls hard it just when plugged in it stalls when you come to a stop. Could you run the car with the sensor unplugged?
Generation

7th Aug 16 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Constant threads for help, gets some and ignores the few responses he does get.

Wonder why people don't bother with help section? There's your answer.

Good luck

[Edited on 07-08-2016 by Generation]
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Aug 16 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rigby
Could you run the car with the sensor unplugged?

Yes but you're getting the fall-back map which although better than what you have still won't be optimal for performance / fuel consumption etc.

Tempting to run like that but fixing the fault is preferable.

Few suggesting in here - http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/409916-c20xe-tps-voltage-too-high.html

Ranging from broken wires to running wrong sensors for that version of ECU and loom so first thing to check is that is all correct, by the looks of things 2.5 is only designed to read 0 or 5v whereas 2.8 gives a range of voltages based on throttle position.
Rigby

7th Aug 16 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will try and repair when I get back off my holiday, thanks. The car doesn't suffer from lost of performance as pulls hard in every gear, not sure about fuel I do about 200+ plus miles to £35 not sure what you suppose to get
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Aug 16 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically it needs the sensor working, if it was fine without Vauxhall wouldn't have gone to the expense of using one.

Need to see whether the loom / management compatibility issue is applicable or if not check all the wiring over for breaks.
Rigby

7th Aug 16 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer Am going to have look after my holiday, what mangememt is a early dizzy type is it 2.5? Thanks for the quick reply a

New Poll