corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa c. 1.8 rear disc conversion on Corsa b....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa c. 1.8 rear disc conversion on Corsa b....
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jun 16 at 00:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this has probably been spoken about to death but I take it the 1.8 rear disc beam is a straigh swap with the b? Suspension as well. Which handbrake cable will i need if I need a different one?. Also I need to pick the beam up, what are the chances of it fitting in my Corsa c to drive it home haha
jay.jay

20th Jun 16 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to fit a disk rear beam in the back of my C, as for the other questions I'm afraid I'm no use
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Jun 16 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the beam from a c does not fit a b. wrong width and spring platform.
think the hubs can be swap though with a mix of corsa c and b cables.
easy fits in the boot of a corsa c with seats down.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

20th Jun 16 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen conflicting information, some saying the rear beam does fit. I know the springs fit as I have seen them used from a b to a c. The cables would be no problem to figure out.
davegreen
Premium Member

21st Jun 16 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

springs fit but the mounts are in a different place on the b to a c.
why not just do the big hub conversion? weld the plates on then used either 4 or 5 stud hubs?
pretty sure the c's disc hubs bolt straight on to the b's beam though?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the rear disc beam, all bolts holes line up. Spring mounts work and I have Corsa c Sri updated shocks which mount fine just need to sort the brake lines out
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the track is the same width.
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Jul 16 at 04:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool
thanks for the feed back that they fit
IainL

8th Jul 16 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've probably found this out already, but the C drum braked beak is a 99% straight swap, that's what I replaced my rotten rear axle with on my B. Only thing that needed modifying were the brake line brackets on the top. I thought a disc beam was a touch wider, seen a few posts with Comps fitted and they were pushed out quite a bit with the new axle.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

8th Jul 16 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put the two axles together earlier and i can see a very small difference in length! ive been taking progress photos so once i get it all mounted up etc i will post it in my build thread!
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

23rd Jul 16 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right everything is mounted up but the only thing i cant work out is the handbrake cables, has anyone got advice on this?

New Poll