corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B Rear Disc Conversion Parts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B Rear Disc Conversion Parts
mar_cus

User status: Offline
21st Sep 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i've just done some searching and can't really find the full answers to what i need to do a rear disc conversion on my corsa B...

Now what i've gathered so far is that i need a kit like/similar to this:

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/M-Tech-Rear-Disc-Conversion-Kit-Nova-Corsa-Tigra.html

Surely the price of that is abit of a rip off for a couple of metal plates? Or not?

What do i actually need to complete this conversion, i read about a bias pressure converter to stop the rear disks locking up under heavy breaking...?! If anyone has some more knowledge on the parts i need can you please list them and send me atleast in the right direction!

Thanks alot !!
davieslim

21st Sep 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the kit on my corsa from lmf its not just plates its spacers and handbrake cable guides,its a great kit
mar_cus

21st Sep 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What rear discs did you use mate? From an Astra mk3 gsi? or mk4 astra? or what?? Did you use the bias pressure converter?

In all honestly the kit does look pretty decent, just wanted to see what peoples opinions are!
davieslim

21st Sep 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im using 260mm rear brakes off a mk3 cavalier v6, ive never had any problems that have warrented me messing wit hthe bias
mar_cus

21st Sep 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davieslim
im using 260mm rear brakes off a mk3 cavalier v6, ive never had any problems that have warrented me messing wit hthe bias

Oh right ok then! What did you do about the handbrake cable? Or does that come with the lmf kit?
davieslim

21st Sep 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lmf kit comes with the backing plates, cable guides, handbrake cable spacer you then need to buy a mk2 astra gte 16v handbrake cable
mar_cus

22nd Sep 10 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like this lmf kit is the easiest way to go about things atm! Wud it not be cheaper to buy the adaptor brackets off ebay for £15 and then get a astra mk2 axel and use everything from that? Just trying to explore options really...!
davieslim

22nd Sep 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plates fine, its all the guides for the handbrake cable to run right that the lmf kit has, makes it really simple to fit
fillmecca

22nd Sep 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have some brand new conversion plates here mate i sell you cheap if you u2u me
mar_cus

22nd Sep 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
i have some brand new conversion plates here mate i sell you cheap if you u2u me

Cheers mate but I'm ok, I'm not looking at doing the conversion just yet! I'm thinking that I might just buy the lmf kit when the time comes round!

New Poll