corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rear disc conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear disc conversion
brod99

User status: Offline
24th Aug 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am thinking for doing a rear disc conversion on my corsa. but iv herd and been told not to do it as it just locks up the back bracks and the car just starts steps out. is this true and apart from the conversion kit what do i need for it to work ok on the roads and safely??
thanks
danny678uk

24th Aug 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have rear discs on mine cant say i have had it lock up nor step out under braking they seem to stop abit better
Adamcorsaredtop

24th Aug 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey mate ive got it on my corsa track car, i used corsa C sri rear discs and calipers, mk4 1.7td hatch handbrake cable and i had to modify and weld another bracket underneath the car, if your thinking of doing it its best to put a in line brake bias valve aswell. but i dont have no problem with locking up. Hope this helps
C2VXL

24th Aug 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this question is asked almost every week on here. I'd say 99% of the people who carry out the conversion are doing it for looks rather than to better the vehicle's braking.

To deal with the locking up, a bias valve is prob your best bet. Just screw it to the lowest efficiency.
brod99

25th Aug 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the corsa already has a brake bias on it. cant i just put a bigger or smaller spring on that???
SportBoy

25th Aug 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got inline bias valves and the one on beam on mine.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rear disc conversion 22 database queries in 0.0087941 seconds