corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe engine
Vauxhallmad

User status: Offline
16th Feb 16 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I am having a bit of trouble building my engine.

I have a Corsa withe no air conand no power steering do I need a tensioner or can I just run from the altanator to the crank shaft. If I need a tensioner how do I Mount it. I'm also having trouble what the altanator on how to mount in the right position and what mounts do I use. Thanks in advance
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Feb 16 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're in the wrong area - should be posted in Help Zone

Anyway - yes, you still need a tensioner. You're looking at one from an early X14XE sport. Around 1996, Vauxhall produced a 1.4 sport without PAS or A/C.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Feb 16 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moved - as above late 1.4 SRi or early Sport late 95 / early 96 will donate.

New Poll