corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa c vxr 1.6 turbo project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa c vxr 1.6 turbo project
macalfc101

User status: Offline
   20th Jul 15 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a mechanic and I'm at the point in my life where I want to do a project in my spare time I've had a quick search but can't seem to find the answers I'm after is it do able to put the 1.6turbo vxr engine and box in a corsa c before I waste my money ?? Many thanks
Richie

20th Jul 15 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/400672-z16ler-vxr-1-6-turbo-big-brake-conversion-into-full-irmscher-spec-corsa-c-blog.html

That guy started doing one then gave up due to cost. Personally it looks too much of a tight fit for comfort and not really economically viable.

The idea in there is that you can get a lot of donor parts from the Meriva VXR, but not sure if this is a tried and tested conversion yet.

[Edited on 20-07-2015 by Richie]
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Jul 15 at 05:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any thing is possible.
as the 1.6 is smaller and used in the C for race/rally spec cars then mechanically it will go but as to the electrics with corsa D being full canbus and C only part canbus you my find you need stand alone ecu.
the z16xer is used in westfields or a similar car though.
good luck and keep us posted
jay26

20th Jul 15 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a z20leh into a Corsa c instead
macalfc101

20th Jul 15 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replys guys might put this on hold for now and do a corsa b project 😀

New Poll