corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b c20xe movement in gear stick under aceleration and pulls sharply left under exceleration.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b c20xe movement in gear stick under aceleration and pulls sharply left under exceleration.
sparcost3

User status: Offline
1st Jun 15 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having lots of trouble with my c20xe Corsa.. Everything was brand new a year ago and I have checked over things with no obvious problems...

The car seems to feel light and slack under steering (has the 2.7 quick rack fitted as thought it must be the rack and felt the same on the old standard rack....)

Car pulls violently to the left when under acceleration in first or second when not holding the wheel.. Used to hit the plastic wheel arch and make a noise but no longer does this now I've replaced the pollybushed tie bat bushes for standard ones which is wired... Seemed to have pulled the anti roll bar out of square aswell but I sorted this out aswell. Had rubbed on the aluminium lowering blocks.

The other problem is in all gears when you let off accelerator the gear leaver/stick kicks back a few cm??

Could this be the passenger chassis gear box mount maybe??? Any way to check? I'm out of ideas I'm usually really good with cars and can't seem to get to the bottom of this!

Any ideas??

Passed the MOT no problem with the issue last Friday. There is no play in the steering wheel it's self so think column ok

There are no knocks or banks or clicks like cv joints or bottom ball joints

I'm lost for ideas other than engine mount to be honest??

Many thanks
Dee25790

User status: Offline
1st Jun 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this ever been crashed prior to the conversion?

Could be torque steer but not heard of it being that much of a problem.

Power steering set up?

Check the engine mounts could be worn and that's what making the problem. Imagine that would have been locked up on mot though

New Poll