corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car pulls to the left

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car pulls to the left
CoastalCorsa

User status: Offline
21st May 06 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i am driving along my car is fine and will travel straight - when i accelerate whether it be a light aceleration or heavy aceleration my car pulls and drifts off to the left ?

does this mean my left wheel is pulling more than the right, i honestly dont have a clue what the solution to my problem could be, my tracking and camber have just been set so i am assuming they are nothing to do with it

the car is a 20xe corsa B on coilovers - not that this should make any difference ?
Matt L

21st May 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did that but mine pulled to the left constantley and sterrin was wobbling ended up needed a new tyre cause part of the casing and caved in. dont know whether thats any help. but thats what caused mine
CoastalCorsa

21st May 06 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think its that mate
X 60RSA

21st May 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its called torque steer mate! Shorter drifeshaft, maybe a thicker one on that side also, it doesnt twist as much, plus its shorter so it transmits the power different to compared to the other side! Plus the shorter shaft creates a different angle as it goes into the cv joint and transmits power completely different.

My 20xe got through tyres quicker on the g/box side.

But it can also be due to tyre pressures, worn bushes, fewked engine mounts. But id say more than likely its what valvers do in corsa's!? My old corsa did the same.

[Edited on 21-05-2006 by X 60RSA]
Robin
Premium Member

21st May 06 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, driveshaft is shorter on the gearbox side, so it will always pull that way

its more likely to be tyre pressures though, check them, i reckon the nearside front will be down

tracking and camber WILL NOT cause a pull, pressures will
alan@autoclinic

22nd May 06 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its easier to turn left than right ,it has a steering bias, then the torque module needs resetting, dealers may tell you it needs a column(i am assuming it is a b or c with epas.this i can rectify in situ IF yhis is the case please leave a private message.
ed

22nd May 06 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an LSD
3CorsaMeal

22nd May 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

camber of the road?, try driving down the wrong side of road, see if it pulls to the right
alan@autoclinic

22nd May 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DOH! good idea, allways the simple things first!!
CoastalCorsa

22nd May 06 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have discovered that my g/box mounting rubber bush thingy is shot and the ere must be movement so i am gonna sort this first and see if the problem goes once ive fixed this

thanks for your help so far guys hopefully the answer is in this thread somewhere ?

New Poll