corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Training Wanted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Training Wanted
abcdescott

User status: Offline
   1st May 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Everyone

I live in Glasgow and am wanting to get started into mechanics. At the moment I am driving a 52 Corsa...

Basically I am looking to help someone on a project I am good with my hands have been since a kid and am just looking for some directions. I work full time so coerces arnt really an option.

Is anyone needing a extra pair of hands and willing to be a teacher not to only teach me but just show me the correct way to do the correct thing.

All the best !
ShEp

1st May 15 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best off getting in about your own car, that's how most people on here learn.

Do things like changing bulbs, stripping the brakes and cleaning/painting them etc, a haynes manual will help a lot if you know nothing
abcdescott

1st May 15 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I've been doing q few things but im looking to learn about bigger things like changing exhausts and stuff I wont do to my car both because of money and well don't want to brake it, but I am also wanting to learn about for example detailing and painting ect ect
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd May 15 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you think changing an exhaust is a bigger then I'd recommend not doing it yourself. The exhaust is simple in terms of parts and how it bolts together.
Dee25790

2nd May 15 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy an old broken motorbike and a Haynes. Make it start and drive, then Strip it down, put it back together again and make it start again. By the time you've done that you will have more than enough skill that will be transferable into working on anything.

That's how I learnt I grew up around motorbikes and riding crossers. Eventually they brake and you have to fix it.

I was lucky I had my dad and uncle to watch over me but I'm sure people on here and other forums and your Haynes will all be able to help you out of you get stuck. Even YouTube has some great instructional videos!
abcdescott

4th May 15 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im only wanting to help someone and learn without putting my car at risk that's all haha
Dee25790

4th May 15 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will probably struggle to find that though.. Your best option is to teach yourself or go to college

New Poll