corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mostly, I train for ...

Poll: Mostly, I train for ...
  Strength/Performance - To perform better in my main sport/activity/job
  Strength/Performance - This IS my main sport/activity/job
  Aesthetics - I want to look better!
  I don't really have any goals but I enjoy the workout.
  Other/I want to see the answers!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mostly, I train for ...
Laney

User status: Offline
14th Feb 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just curious really, I know we've got a fairly broad mix of people
Nath

14th Feb 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted Aesthetics , but it's also because of physical performance. I play football and as I'm small it can be restrictive sometimes.
Cosmo

14th Feb 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look better, but I enjoy it now Im in to it, and also because its good for my health!
Laney

Is the looking better a by-product of wanting to perform better? Out of interest.
Marc

Combination really.
Nath

14th Feb 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
Is the looking better a by-product of wanting to perform better? Out of interest.

I do tend to focus my training on what'd make me a better performer at football, so I guess it does to a degree.
Pop

14th Feb 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted aesthetics but to be honest I enjoy working out. I'm not training for any particular sport, just to be healthier and to fill out a bit.
Paul_J

14th Feb 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha we're all so vain
J da Silva

14th Feb 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I train to perform better at football, I'm a centre forward and need to maintain strength, and because I play in a serious team in a good standard of league I have to cope with defenders who push and pull me about week in week out.
I'm very very strong for a guy of 5ft10, quite deceiving actually to the point where when I take my top off in the changing rooms people comment on my physique.
Wrighty

14th Feb 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for my fitness and to perform better, if i look better as a result thats fine but im not a vain person
Laney

14th Feb 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those that don't train to look better - does your diet reflect this too?

Do you eat so you perform better or not actually care as long as you're not hungry?
J da Silva

14th Feb 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
For those that don't train to look better - does your diet reflect this too?

Do you eat so you perform better or not actually care as long as you're not hungry?

I eat healthy anyway, always have because I believe (and I'm going off topic here) that a lot of the types of cancer and illnesses you hear of today are caused by food that has been messed about with.

I grow my own veg and fruit and get all my meats and things from the best places possible because I take my health seriously, I eat the odd takeaway and have my treats in moderation, I have no set diet plan or whatever I just like to keep myself eating well in general.

If I'm hungry I'll eat, or I'll eat before I think I'll get hungry.
BarnshaW

14th Feb 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to look better, having the diet is part of getting to look better, a big fat man belly does not get the girls moist.
J da Silva

14th Feb 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
to look better, having the diet is part of getting to look better, a big fat man belly does not get the girls moist.

It does if you're all sweaty and rub your belly on their muff.
BarnshaW

14th Feb 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is true. I got sweaty earlier wanking to that luge death video.
J4M13

14th Feb 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main reason for training is for strength but also for physical appearence but that comes with training properly anyway. Im trying to improve every aspect of my training in prep for when i sign up for the Para's again but i just love training anyway so id be doing it regardless.
Paul_J

14th Feb 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
that is true. I got sweaty earlier wanking to that luge death video.

FLOL
Ben G

14th Feb 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i try and workout both for aesthetics and to perform better in work (fit flywheels/clutches), makes it easier if you're stronger.

also want to look toned/put on some size for summer this year as going on holiday.

last summer in mallorca my stomach looked a bit bloated and made me feel really awkward.
MatthewR

15th Feb 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want stay relatively fit but look good also
Carl

15th Feb 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I train mainly for football, although I don't play at a really high standard or anything I love playing football, i'm not the best techniqally, all left foot etc and a centre half, so I try and keep fit and strong to counter act this. If I have a bad game it effects my mood. The also want to be fitter for my health and I want to keep in shape for my girlfriend as it wouldn't be fair to her if I turned into a slob with a beer belly.
DizzyRebel

15th Feb 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Train for aesthetics and to keep my body working as nature intended it to.

I dont see the point of these people who run 4-5 miles a night to 'keep fit' when they have no reason to. We were designed by nature to throw rocks and spears at our prey and club it to death with a hefty blow, not run after it for miles on end and tire it out!

I wouldnt mind to start boxng training again as my power and speed has reduced massively and i dont feel confident id have the upper hand in a street fight anymore, but i know ill loose size if i do so i just carry on lifting and hope i never get into a tight situation lol
Laney

15th Feb 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
I wouldnt mind to start boxng training again as my power and speed has reduced massively and i dont feel confident id have the upper hand in a street fight anymore, but i know ill loose size if i do so i just carry on lifting and hope i never get into a tight situation lol

Or just adjust your reps/sets and box again? I can't see you losing THAT much size if you approach it correctly?
DizzyRebel

15th Feb 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah i would, unless your body frequently requires the muscle it has it will just dispose of it accordingly.

If i were to box again it would mean changing the way i train completely and having to lean out to make it worth my while starting again.

Ill probably start going boxing training once a week and do some speed and mobility drills on my other rest day to try and get a bit of speed and power back. Im not bothered about being a competetive boxer etc, just being able to look after myself is all i want!
Danny P

15th Feb 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted aesthetics, although recently i've been playing in a higher division on a Sunday and its much more physical so i'm trying to get a bit stronger for that at the moment.
mwg

15th Feb 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just go out on my mountain bike because I enjoy it and it keeps me fit as bonus!

I want to do some weights to beef my arms up a bit though but not sure what I should be doing to acheive what I want

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mostly, I train for ... 23 database queries in 0.1990759 seconds