corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mostly, I train for ...

Poll: Mostly, I train for ...
  Strength/Performance - To perform better in my main sport/activity/job
  Strength/Performance - This IS my main sport/activity/job
  Aesthetics - I want to look better!
  I don't really have any goals but I enjoy the workout.
  Other/I want to see the answers!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mostly, I train for ...
Nath

User status: Offline
15th Feb 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I just go out on my mountain bike because I enjoy it and it keeps me fit as bonus!

I want to do some weights to beef my arms up a bit though but not sure what I should be doing to acheive what I want

Roidz mate, roidz.
mwg

15th Feb 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my willy is small enough thanks
Nath

15th Feb 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldnt matter then tbh. You'll be reet.
J da Silva

15th Feb 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt putting extra timber will slow your boxing abilities if you're 'all' muscle, when I was gaining weight I took my punch up the weights with me, aslong as you keep your legs in proprtion with your core you should still maintain the nimbleness, maybe you would slow down rapidly if you chucked 2 stone of flab on though as your muscles would have to throw the fat.

But tbh you cannot replace the killer instinct with an 'in shape' body, if you're an animal, then you're an animal, many a time I've fought people who were bigger than me but were too nice, which results in their downfall.
DizzyRebel

15th Feb 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not quite the extra muscle that slows me down, moreso the fact my muscles are more used to moving a heavy weight at a constant speed instead of and unloaded explosive movement. I havnt been on the pads or bags for over a year now and when i did have a go the other week i was shocked and horrified at how slow and feeble my punches had become.

I know all its really going to take is some speed and mobility work as well as bagwork to gain the motor functions back again, but when i train for somehting i like to do it properly, and its impossible to train for boxing properly whilst carrying on progression of weight training and mass building.
J da Silva

15th Feb 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sugar Ray Rebel is quite fitting.
J da Silva

15th Feb 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Dizzy Destroyer!
Laney

15th Feb 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you compete in anything Dizzy? Body-building competitions etc?
Carl

16th Feb 10 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Train for aesthetics and to keep my body working as nature intended it to.

I dont see the point of these people who run 4-5 miles a night to 'keep fit' when they have no reason to. We were designed by nature to throw rocks and spears at our prey and club it to death with a hefty blow, not run after it for miles on end and tire it out!

I wouldnt mind to start boxng training again as my power and speed has reduced massively and i dont feel confident id have the upper hand in a street fight anymore, but i know ill loose size if i do so i just carry on lifting and hope i never get into a tight situation lol

2000+ years ago yes, but today you are most likely to die from cardiovascular disease, so that 5 mile a night is a lot less pointless that your ability to club your prey to death, especially when there a shops such as butchers and supermarkets that are willing to do the clubbing for you.
iaind84

16th Feb 10 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually think this sort of stuff is crap, but one of my mates on my American football team bought this (i think it was this one)
http://2065f6ibv8a1dn3cmbthlbk9cl.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=OFFER

from on there and it seems fairly good, he and another lad are training like mad now and one of them got a scholarship, i dunno what you guys make of it like.
Laney

16th Feb 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iaind84
I usually think this sort of stuff is crap, but one of my mates on my American football team bought this (i think it was this one)
http://2065f6ibv8a1dn3cmbthlbk9cl.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=OFFER

from on there and it seems fairly good, he and another lad are training like mad now and one of them got a scholarship, i dunno what you guys make of it like.

BarnshaW

16th Feb 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unfortunately half the shit said in this thread is useless since most 13 year old + kids carry knives nowadays, dont require any muscle or physique to stick a knife in someone.
Cosmo

16th Feb 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
unfortunately half the shit said in this thread is useless since most 13 year old + kids carry knives nowadays, dont require any muscle or physique to stick a knife in someone.

Ah, but if you did some cardio training you could run away from said knife wielding yobo.
Carl

16th Feb 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rugby league players are massive and at the same time fit, so it is possible to be a unit with a big heart.
Laney

16th Feb 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats useable strength though Carl, not bodybuilding

DizzyRebel

16th Feb 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bodybuilders do have useable strength though. When training for size, strength is an unavoidable by-product.
Laney

16th Feb 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was baiting. I apologise.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mostly, I train for ... 24 database queries in 0.0129490 seconds