corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Applications / Devices seem throttled over LAN

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Applications / Devices seem throttled over LAN
Whittie

User status: Offline
28th Mar 15 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I play on the ps4 (gta) every now and then, when I do my connection is always a bag of shit and it returns me to standard play rather than online. Fifa was so bad I couldn't even play it and not been on it for months.

I did the port forwarding via this guide and even tried letting everything through via DMZ but still no joy.

I've also just upgraded to bt infinity 2 package as I thought might be because I have a slow connection, and its still the same even though it's now 75+mb and a ping of under 10 at night, when I come to try it.

I use a android TV box (here) regularly, it doesn't fine many streams on LAN and when it does it buffers for hours.... but Wifi I can stream 1080 stream whilst watching without issues.

What do I need to do to get the ps4 / android box completely unthrottled? Laptop, ipads and phones are fine.

Thanks

[Edited on 28-03-2015 by Whittie]
Neo

28th Mar 15 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What router have you got Alex ?

Have you enabled any QoS on it or messed around with anything ?
Whittie

28th Mar 15 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bt Home Hub 5 - I was using a Home Hub 4.

Also have a NETGEAR WNDR3700 in a box somewhere.

Not messed with anything on the home hub 5 Mike.
Neo

28th Mar 15 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems a bit weird if you've not got any qos enabled or any firewall rules doing much.

If you plug a laptop in to your lan and run wireshark can you see any weird traffic ?

Have you tried using the netgear or hard resetting the home hub ?

New Poll