corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car won't start

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car won't start
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Mar 15 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car wouldn't fire up today, tried jump starting it and no success.

It doesn't look like the problem is a flat battery and I can't move the car even when it's out of gear and the handbrake is off so thinking it could be the immobiliser?

It's a Corsa B 1.4 8v.

[Edited on 12-03-2015 by oJNAo]
corsa-torque

12th Mar 15 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your unable to push it?? Defo not the immobiliser, normally immobiliser issues will cause a flashing light on the dash.
random dav
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it turning over?

WRLFC !

Project cars
oJNAo
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
Your unable to push it?? Defo not the immobiliser, normally immobiliser issues will cause a flashing light on the dash.

There's no EML light flashing so I guess that rules the immobiliser out, just find it weird that the car doesn't move when the handbrake is off and it's out of gear
oJNAo
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
Is it turning over?

It turns over, I did have very little fuel in it so could it be failing to start from a lack of fuel?
random dav
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked all fuses? Tried your spare key?

WRLFC !

Project cars
oJNAo
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
Checked all fuses? Tried your spare key?

All fuses are intact and spare key doesn't do any difference. Having a mate check it out later on and he knows what he's doing
Brett
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
It doesn't look like the problem is a flat battery and I can't move the car even when it's out of gear and the handbrake is off so thinking it could be the immobiliser?

Gotta lol a little, sorry
oJNAo
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out something was wrong with the battery so just bought a fresh one as the old one was getting on a bit.

It was nothing to do with the immobiliser at all as the brakes had just seized up a little from residue when I washed it

New Poll