corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tools for fitting Bonnet/Coilovers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tools for fitting Bonnet/Coilovers
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 15 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What spanners/sockets etc. do I need to remove and fit a corsa b bonnet, and FK Coilovers?

Just asking so I don't have to keep going back and forth to my neighbours to ask for certain tools cheers
corsa-torque

26th Jan 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bonnet is 4 x13mm bolts iirc

Shock to hub should be 2 x 17mm, and top mounts are 13mm

A simple socket set and a few spanners should see you right
oJNAo
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that, am I right in that I don't need to compress the springs as the front part of the Coilovers are already put together?
corsa-torque

26th Jan 15 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front Coilovers already have too mounts fitted so just undo the top 3 13mm nuts, the 2 17mm nut/bolts to the hub, remove old suspension. Put Coilovers in position and refit using the same bolts. Job done
oJNAo
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to have a crack at fitting the coilies tomorrow, this will be the biggest change I've done to the car myself so sorry if there's too many questions

How do I remove the rear shocks? And will I need mole grips?

And what order do the front part of the coilies go in?

Just asking these now so I don't panic when I've got half my suspension hanging off tomorrow
corsa-torque

31st Jan 15 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fronts - undo the bottom two hub bolts first. Leave one bolt in place. Then undo the top mount bolts once they are done jiggly the hub bolt you left in at the start out and withdraw the whole shock - refitting is reverse of removal.

Rears- depending on the shocks you have you may need a ring spanner and Allen key, failing that mole grips to hold the strut whilst using a spanner to undo the nut. Then undo the bottom bolt into the axle.
I'd reccomend using axle stands on the sills and a jack under the axle so you can take the weight off the bolts

Once the rear shocks are undone, you should be able to just pull the springs out when the jacks been let down.

Hope that helps
oJNAo
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's brilliant thanks!

New Poll