corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » flat roof garage replacement costs...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flat roof garage replacement costs...
Matt L

User status: Offline
9th Jul 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone on here got any idea how much it would cost to replace the roof (including wooden beams) on a standard sized single garage? tried googling but nothing seems to answer the question
AndyKent

9th Jul 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a professional.

Say £500 for new timber beams and deck. £200 for felt. £300-400 labour.

Id say £1000-1200 ish.

Massively cheaper to do it yourself if you know what you're doing. Nothing particularly difficult providing you have or can hire the right tools.
Matt L

9th Jul 14 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for some reason I was thinking nearing 2k so hopefully come in a bit cheaper than im planning.

as for doing it myself... I wouldn't mind helping however I am utterly useless when it comes to diy
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably be done for well under £1k IMO.

What's the garage size?

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Rob_Quads

17th Jul 14 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we had our garage roof refelted it cost £450. It was a dealish as they did the adjoining garage at the same time. That was just for refelting on the existing boards so you would need to add the cost of joists, boards, side trims etc.
I can see it being over 1K
Matt L

22nd Jul 14 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we basically need to replace everything bar the brick walls

as for size I would say standard single garage size, not actually in the house yet so cant measure it.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My single was 3m x 8m

22m 4x2 (wall plate)
16 x 3m 6x2 (every 50cm)
24 sq m 18mm marine ply
24 sq m roofing felt
Wall plate fixings, nails, felt nails.

Could put a tin roof on, probably £500 but would require less timber.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop bumping this - I know I've got to do mine!!
Matt L

19th Aug 14 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out it needed more than just the roof needs whole new door + fittings + window + frame, had one quote back from my cousins best man at his wedding which was £3.5k, which in fairness doesn't seem too unreasonable to me for what needs doing, seen as googling garage doors appears to be 700-800 just for the door
Rob_Quads

20th Aug 14 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just replaced out door with a roller one. Was one of the more basic ones and was around £430. For £700 you could get one of the thicker insulated ones.
Fitting was so easy. Done in less than an hour once the old door was removed. A morning covered the whole thing including removal of old and wiring of control boxes etc

New Poll