corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Is it possible?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is it possible?
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Dec 06 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of deposit are people putting down?
How much are people spending a month on the morgage?
Rob C

1st Dec 06 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have my own house, but its not an easy thing to do these days on your own..

[Edited on 01-12-2006 by Rob C]
Jamie Walby

4th Dec 06 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sigibbons
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
TBH I think I stand little or no chance of being able to buy a house/flat on my own in Bournemouth.

I heard Sandbanks is where the cheap property is.

I know you are joking. That or you have been very misinformed
James

4th Dec 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sandbanks is
Jules S
Premium Member

4th Dec 06 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Sandbanks is

I got caught on the sandbank at sandbanks once when I was nipper.

To say 'I shat myself' would be an understatement
Nath

4th Dec 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a cat in hells chance i'll ever be able afford a place on my own in Milton Keynes. Not unless it was shared ownership, but thats not the same thing.
Jules S
Premium Member

4th Dec 06 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason I posted this thread is relatively simple.

You *should* be able to do it if you are sensible. It will involve not going out on the piss, but the longer term benefits outweigh the short time nights out with the lads/lasses.

If you're employed, and in your late teens early twenties, you should be saving a great deal of your income. However (lets face it i didn't) you tend not to.

I bought my place at 23...I'm going to pay it off next year because Ive met somebody like minded....we will have a house together without a mortgage.

Makes you think doesn't it?
Nath

4th Dec 06 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could afford it elsewhere, just not here in Milton Keynes. Everywhere is so bloody expensive!
Hammer

4th Dec 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
If you're employed, and in your late teens early twenties, you should be saving a great deal of your income. However (lets face it i didn't) you tend not to.

Hit the nail on the head, as you get older you look back with a different perspective. When your 16 you want to stand in parks and drink cider, when your late teens early twenties you want to go to pubs n clubs n have a good time, when you get older you begin to want to settle, it's all a progression which never seems to change.

The advice passed down from the older generations to the younger ones is alway constant as well, I even find myself doing it to my 16 year old brother but if I think back to his afe I was the same, self learning stand's you in better stead in the long run even if it doesn't seem it in the short.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Is it possible? 25 database queries in 0.0120459 seconds