corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Seller trying it on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seller trying it on
JM_16v

User status: Offline
17th Mar 14 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the current market the houses in our area are sold within 1-2 weeks of being on the market.

We made an offer and acceptance very quickly so not to loose the house and we are very happy.

HOWEVER

when we turned up the woman advised that she wanted £200 for the fridge and dishwasher which to me are integral and should have been included. ANy comments?

She is also talking about removal of curtain rails which I'm concerned could damage the freshly painted walls.

What do people usually leave behind.

I'm awaiting a form from the solicitors to look at inclusions and exclusions. To review prior to negotiations with the lady.
jrsteeve

17th Mar 14 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get a fixtures and fittings list that she has to sign to confirm what's included, and what's available to purchase. If she is removing curtain poles it will be in writing that she must repair the walls, if not you can sue for the damage.

Sound like she doesn't want to sell if being a c*unt already.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or, knows how much they will cost her in her new place. iirc, you can have a separate fixtures and fittings list up to a total of £5,000 on top of the sale price.

If I ever sell my house, I will be putting both the log burner and range as extras although, I would make it obvious from the outset that that was the case.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much under asking was your accepted offer?
carl123uk

17th Mar 14 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell her to remove them and just buy new whatever she takes. Most of the time they can't be bothered so just leave them anyway
JM_16v

17th Mar 14 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£7,000 under asking price

she said fridge was new within 12 months and dishwasher within 24 months. TBH its not a lot its principle
deanmcreynolds26

17th Mar 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my integrate appliance are approx 14 months old and maybe about £1500 worth. Wouldn't think of charging extra I'll just be grateful for a buyer lol
tom130691
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be more hassle for her to move them than leave them id not pay and see whats there
Ben G

17th Mar 14 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seller of my house took the bathroom mirror and towel holder with her, leaving horrible holes in the tiles.

Solicitor didn't give a shit. First and last time I ever use them.

I'd expect them to take a fridge, but leave the dishwasher.

[Edited on 17-03-2014 by Ben G]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Curtain poles often aren't cheap. I took mine to the new house.

I'd just act not bothered on the appliances. If they are integral they will probably be a pain to remove anyway.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jimbothebarbarian

17th Mar 14 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sort it before you move because as mentioned already solicitors don't give a fuck afterwards..
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 14 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
I'm awaiting a form from the solicitors to look at inclusions and exclusions. To review prior to negotiations with the lady.

You can't force her to sell the house if you've not exchanged yet. Therefore prior negotiations aren't worth a carrot.

If you want to get your way, withdraw the offer and re-submit at the lower price.

Or if you want to really piss her off, withdraw and re-submit at a grand lower. And tell her you're going to do that every day until she signs.

New Poll