corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car salesmen - legal stuff

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car salesmen - legal stuff
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jun 11 at 05:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missus recently bought a corsa c from a garage near her, i went with her to see it before she bought it, took it out for a test and noticed two things wrong, a slow puncture in the rear nearside tyre and the nearside cv gaiter was hanging off with grease coming out.

got back and said we will have it as long as the cv gaiter is fixed and regreased and the rear tyre sorted out.

he said yep will get the tyre sorted and the gaiter will be picked up on the mot he was going to get done for it.

so a few days later she goes to pick it up, without me, and shes a bit simple when it comes to cars and didnt check (didnt know what she was looking for anyway) that the cv gaiter had been sorted etc.

so shes got the car with fresh mot certificate, anyway the next 2days that rear tyre goes flat, got two nails in it they found.

AA guy came out and i asked her to ask him if the cv gaitor was fixed and he looked and said no it was hanging off, so god knows what garage has been passing cars that shouldnt pass, also she now notices that the mot certificate had advisorys issued but she wasnt given an advisorys sheet, basically the trader must have ripped it off and hoped she wouldnt notice.

so today im going to ring up the mot place and assk them why they are passing cars that shouldnt, and possibly ask them if i want to get vosa involved, but also where do we stand with the trader, ripping off and hiding advisory sheets imo is dodgy as fuck

[Edited on 14-06-2011 by Steve]
sc0ott

14th Jun 11 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it.

I had a garage send me out a cheque for £100 to replace a canister purge valve, costing £50.
Dave

14th Jun 11 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd contact the seller first. They may have put it through the MOT and assumed the car was fine when it passed. Agree removing the advisory sheet is a bit naughty though.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 11 at 06:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i mean though davee if it passed the seller will assume its fine so its the fault of the mot place unless you are saying tell the seller and let them take it up with them?
Dave

14th Jun 11 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, they obviously choose to use that test centre, I think it's the sellers job to take it up with them on your behalf. Either they don't know they are passing cars without properly checking or they do know and this is why they are using them. Either way yours needs to go back, have it's faults sorted and you want the advisory sheet. Could you take it to the test centre and wait with it so you get the paperwork first hand?
AndyCorsaSport

14th Jun 11 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you bought it from a garage take the fucker back, as a trader, by law the MUST give a minimum of 30 days warrently, which is usally a 1000 mile warrenty too.

Some garage's are just complete twats arent they. Its not even like a puncture repair and a CV boot are expensive, £50 at the most, yet theyve left it, and the garage has MOT'd it with out sorting it, risking their MOT liscence for the sake of a small repair. Idiots, hope you get something sorted.
Warren G

14th Jun 11 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to tony, you go in and ask for a VT60 or something you can get them with there pants down there......

and this is why i never get why all you people go to garages and pay a premium for shit cars :/
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 11 at 06:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's a vt60
Warren G

14th Jun 11 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to tony (fastasyoucan) its something like youi want the car they tested inspected by VOSA
Ben J

14th Jun 11 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CUNTS.

Go back and windmill.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 11 at 06:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K warren
Jake

14th Jun 11 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sort it out asap. the longer you have the car the more they can blag the boot was damaged after the mot
Jake

14th Jun 11 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve already had it a couple of weeks
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 11 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep iv not been round there since she got it
danny_dub

14th Jun 11 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he's a trader he will prob have a mate that will do "MOTs" I work at a car garage. This sort of thing gives all used car dealers a bad name!
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 11 at 07:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was my thinking danny
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 11 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yes forgot to add the locking wheel nut key is fucked so cant get the wheel off anything that can be done about that? i dont mean with regards to getting the wheel off i mean with regards to the garage sorting a new key

[Edited on 14-06-2011 by Steve]
Fro

14th Jun 11 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inner gaitor isnt a fail but should be an advisory, which one was it?

Edit: You can look the advisorys up on the dvla website too.

[Edited on 14-06-2011 by Fro]
Ben J

14th Jun 11 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moral of story.......girls should NEVER be allowed to buy/collect cars on their own.
Fro

14th Jun 11 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Moral of story.......girls should NEVER be allowed to buy/collect cars on their own.

And they say the 1/2 lady owners when selling a car like it's a good thing
Warren G

14th Jun 11 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this a inner or outer steve, as Mr Fro said inners dont fail...
Warren G

14th Jun 11 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

And they say the 1/2 lady owners when selling a car like it's a good thing

people who think this is good need a slap, i know people who thing a MOT is basicaly a service
danny_dub

14th Jun 11 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant replace a locking wheel nut key. He should buy a locking wheel nut removel kit and take them off for you!
Fro

14th Jun 11 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_dub
You cant replace a locking wheel nut key. He should buy a locking wheel nut removel kit and take them off for you!

Why not? Not every locking wheel nut set is unique?
JM_16v

14th Jun 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its the outer or inner, the agreement of sale was still on the basis that these items would be done

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car salesmen - legal stuff 22 database queries in 0.0149660 seconds