corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2013 Chilli Orange Corsa LE - **Trading in for a upgrade**

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2013 Chilli Orange Corsa LE - **Trading in for a upgrade**
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Nov 14 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall have confirmed they will be doing both the Bumper & the Wheels.

Car goes in for the work on the 17th.

We don't know if they are refurbishing or replacing the Alloys. They will probably only be repainting the inners IMO...

So far, so good.
Welsh Dan

10th Nov 14 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay for shortened reg. plates with the markings.
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Nov 14 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
eBay for shortened reg. plates with the markings.

Cheers, will look for a pair.
djgritt
Premium Member

21st Mar 15 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First clean of the year. Nicely polished up too.

Absolutely love the colour too, always looks brilliant once it's properly cleaned up. Never tire of it really.

Girl chose well!
djgritt
Premium Member

19th Mar 16 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After 2.5 years and ~13k miles of trusty trouble free use (minus the paint issue on the rear bumper that was done under warranty) it is time for the Corsa to go.

Jo loves it, but now that we have moved, her commute has gone from around 2 miles each way to 20 - this has highlighted the lack of power of the car somewhat and she was getting fed up of this.

So, after a very very spontaneous purchase today, this will be gone in ~2wks time and willbe replaced by an Abarth 595 Hatchback.

It is using a 1.4T with 140PS - a noticeable amount more than the Corsa.

Finished in Podium Blue with optional 17" Alloys, similar to this 595C;

The colour is a new release through Abarth and we are both a fan of it.

Spec is improved over the Corsa with some modern touches and almost 'essential' items that were missing in the Vauxhall such as Bluetooth Hands-free and USB Connectivity.
Being a 2016 model, it comes with a full TFT instrument panel with some interesting features - it looks pretty smart too.

She is chuffed so far, so hopefully it lives up to providing an easy life to her in the future.
BeetleGav

20th Mar 16 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is stunning, I wouldn't mind one myself actually
Pete_vxl

20th Mar 16 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from limited edition to Abarth in Oct 2014. Best thing I ever did. The abarth is brilliant (but bumpy).

Get a tuning box for it. Is it the standard exhaust or the monza?
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 16 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
I went from limited edition to Abarth in Oct 2014. Best thing I ever did. The abarth is brilliant (but bumpy).

Get a tuning box for it. Is it the standard exhaust or the monza?

Standard Exhaust.

It's the GFs car primarily, I will use it at weekends with her using it as a daily commuter - she is a 32yr old and noisy exhausts like the Monza aren't her thing. We may tweak the engine in due course, but it's no priority. She hasn't ever had anything with much more than 100bhp, nor anything with a Turbo (other than very occasional drives of my Vectra VXR), so this will do for her for as it comes some time I imagine.
Ojc

21st Mar 16 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Mar 16 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a tuning box for sale if your interested.
Jambo

21st Mar 16 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES!!!

I bloody love these, I really really want one. Will be interested to hear your thoughts....
Stu_22

21st Mar 16 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great but hate the pedals on them
Kev_GSI

21st Mar 16 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a 1.3 LE week after collecting it I found rust on the door so went in under warranty (twice!) other than that its been great as you say lacks bluetooth but thats my only massive gripe. I would love to map it but again warranty

Lapped the ring a fair few times when I took it the other year and the brake judder went when the warranty replaced the front brakes lol
Ojc

21st Mar 16 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My LE had Bluetooth and 96bhp 180lb/ft with tuning box
Pete_vxl

22nd Mar 16 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not take it out of sport mode. Non-sport feels like limp mode.
Pete_vxl

22nd Mar 16 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also have a look on abarthisiti and abarth owners club for how to's etc.
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they have a How2 for 'pretty much leaving it alone such as to not piss off your girlfriend who is the owner'?

Looking at stuff available for these, I think I will need that sort of How2 tbh.
BeetleGav

23rd Mar 16 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a "how to do it without her noticing" how2
Pete_vxl

23rd Mar 16 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Competizione Gear knob, pedals and filler/oil caps are easy ones. Women like shiney things!

Italian spoiler sticker, scorpion for the grill on the back bumper. Plenty of subtle things to do.

Not the cheapest of cars to mod imo. Also, did you get a service package with it? Abarth/fiat prices are insane.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

24th Mar 16 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just sold my Abarth, it was great fun over the 3years i had it. Small tank but lasts for 300ish miles. I had a tuning box put on mine and it made it rather nice. I found the harshness of the suspension a bit meh though and abarth parts arent cheap. £600+ to replace bottom arms. Servicing is every 9k too

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2013 Chilli Orange Corsa LE - **Trading in for a upgrade** 24 database queries in 0.0161810 seconds