corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2013 Chilli Orange Corsa LE - **Trading in for a upgrade**

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2013 Chilli Orange Corsa LE - **Trading in for a upgrade**
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jan 14 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DVLA Confirmations came back this week, so on goes the Plate;

djgritt
Premium Member

21st Feb 14 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I got the inevitable phone call today...

Both front and rear on the Drivers side, due to her panicking that she was obstructing the road for too long whilst parking with other traffic nearby. Might try to touch them up tomorrow if the weather holds out to make them look less shite until we can get them in for a proper repair.

She's so annoyed with herself too... Understandably!
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

21st Feb 14 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aaah damn. Doesn't look to be too bad. Hopefully they turn out alright when you touch them in, the car is really nice .... loving the colour btw

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
N16K

21st Feb 14 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen that colour on the roads, looks great in the pics. Have an SRi myself, as my daily. Great car. I fully debadged the rear hatch tho.
Ben G

21st Feb 14 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ, did she mount a 6ft wall?

Awful feeling when you hear the wheel crunch
nibnob21
Premium Member

22nd Feb 14 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch. Soph has done it lightly a couple of times but not that bad. She always adjusts the mirrors down now so she can make sure the wheels don't scrape the curb.

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Mar 14 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to fit some Diadem type indicator bulbs to the front today, ended up doing other stuff - the bulbs were different to what I expected (and what seems to be fitted to most other Vauxhall models!) so they are currently a no-go.

Wheel kerbing has been touched in and apart from being visible up close, now look fine again! Proper refurb later in the year though...

Fitted the Insignia Washer jets, big improvement, although alignment was needed and was done with one of Jos hairpins as I don't have the Vauxhall tool for the alignment, the pin worked well though!

I then gave it a bit of a clean up, I had to clay it as it has lots of black tar spots around the arches and skirts, and it's in need of a polish too, but that will be done for Combe in April as I didn't have time today.

Still love this colour too

[Edited on 08-03-2014 by djgritt]
Ben G

8th Mar 14 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You clayed it but didn't polish? Did you wax or just leave it bare?
nibnob21
Premium Member

8th Mar 14 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't bothered changing the front indicators as you can't really see the orange tint unless you crouch down.

I've been meaning to adjust the Insignia washers for a while, if driving at higher speeds the fluid just blows straight over the roof at the moment Hairclip is a good idea

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Mar 14 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
You clayed it but didn't polish? Did you wax or just leave it bare?

Yep.
Left it bare.

I only used the Clay to take off the tar spots I found, and the car won't be getting used for a few weeks as she will use the Mazda while I am away with work, so it's no big deal.
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Apr 14 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took it to Combe yesterday. Looked pretty shiny.
Brilliant economy figures from it too! She never gets good figures normally...

02-IMG_5964 by djgritt, on Flickr
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Sep 14 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deep clean and polish today, after my Work plans were cut short at the ABSOLUTE last minute (ie, when I was already at Heathrow at 6.30 this morning and queueing at Bag Drop for a Flight to Saudi Arabia!), so I came home and gave the car a good clean whilst Jo had my Mazda at work.

Looks now.

IMG_0455 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_0458 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_0463 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_0464 by djgritt, on Flickr

Still slow though.
Jamie-C

15th Sep 14 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning colour
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And now the problems start, 1 year on...

We are about to embark into a Vauxhall Warranty Claim for Paint - we have found some paintwork damage on the Rear Bumper from it fitting too tightly against the rear quarter panel (rubbed and flaked as a result - seems to be an issues that is also occurring on a lot of Corsa VXRs too due to panel gaps being way too tight).

The white section is exposed primer where the paint has flaked off! - It wasn't like this atall when I cleaned it the other week either, otherwise I'd have noticed it and got the ball rolling with Vauxhall right away;

Also, the paintwork on some of the Wheels is also poor - the inner faces seem to be showing the grey/white undercoat in patches - here is one of them;

Understandably, Jo is pretty peed off/upset, as to give credit to her, she's been keeping this in very good condition compared to the last car.

A Vauxhall salesman tried to fob us off on Sunday when we popped in after noticing the flaked paintwork, by saying that as the bumper is plastic, the pain is softer and this is likely and expected to happen over time. He was promptly told by myself that he was talking shite and not to fob us off, especially as the car is just 11 months old, and my 7 year old Vauxhall doesn't have any issues like this.
shaunmods
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not what you expect from a 1 year old car hope you manage to get it all sorted.

The wheel situation is so common. I've yet to work on a Limited edition/ Black edition which hasn't got this problem. From what I've read its apparently travel wax which just hasn't been cleaned off properly when prepped. Products like Autosmart Tardis are meant to be good at removing it but I haven't had a go myself yet.
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Shaun,

I didn't think of there being any Wax on there - I may give one of the Wheels a scrub with some Degreaser then to see if it helps before we visit Vauxhall again!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the salesman excuse, bell end, i never trust any of em'

surprised he didnt just say "we'll put a claim into warranty, see what they say and go from there"...idiot
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
at the salesman excuse, bell end, i never trust any of em'

surprised he didnt just say "we'll put a claim into warranty, see what they say and go from there"...idiot

He did after I pointed out that this issue has happened on a number of VXRs and have been raised with Vauxhall, and then after I got Jo to roll the car back and showed him the blotches on the Wheels.

Also, once he heard it was only 11 months old, he stated that he thought it was 'at least 3 years old as it has a Private Plate on it'

He was a mong to be fair, seemed very sheepish after I'd told him to not to fob us off with such an excuse.
Ben G

7th Oct 14 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never trust a salesman

That paintwork problem is pretty awful tbh. Has the paint flaked off the metal 3/4 panel too? That'd cause an even bigger problem for them.
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That paintwork problem is pretty awful tbh. Has the paint flaked off the metal 3/4 panel too? That'd cause an even bigger problem for them.

Doesn't look like it, but can't quite push the bumper down enough to open the gap enough to see.

The VXRs with a similar issue seem to be suffering with flaked paint/rust on the Arch where it meets the bumper, so if we've avoided that sort of issue then it's not so bad for us.
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's very poor for a young car.

The wheels on Sophs ltd ed are terrible too. I've not noticed any problems between panels though.

Another bit I've noticed though is the back of the passenger door handle feels like it has very little paint on it. It has a rough primer feel to it compared to the driver side smooth paint feel.

MX5 Project Thread
gidged500
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen this on a few corsas at work the bumpers clip into a plastic bracket that's on the body work so can't really be adjusted unless the bracket is moved.
Astras suffer from this aswell there is a recall for the Astras where there is a plastic separator that sits between the bumper and arch to prevent rubbing like yours has done.
Vauxhall should sort the paint work on the bumper/arch no problem and space it properly.
The alloys have poor paint on we had a brand new corsa come through the other day and the paint on the alloys was shocking wheels got taken off and got sent back to vauxhall
If you have any trouble claiming for the faults let me know and I'll have a word with the warranty guy at my dealership he's ace
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Never trust a salesman

this

i deal with loads........all fucking 2 faced, lying, up their own arse wankers
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She went to Vauxhall today to raise the issues. The service team have taken photos of the damage & panel gaps to begin a warranty claim. We will be chasing them up in a couple of days time to check progress.

Fingers crossed...
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Oct 14 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updates;

Serviced yesterday, with further investigation into the Warranty claims too.

- Bumper is going to be done through Warranty, no quibble. Thankfully.

- Wheels are to be attempted through Warranty. Dealership doesn't believe they will be approved due to them having Kerb damage on a couple of spokes (they will simply go for a replacement set rather than refurbishment) - this was expected as, with any company, the damage could be a get out clause to save incurred cost.
However, as Jo stated to the service team, the paintwork issues are nothing to do with Kerb damage, and are inside the rim. She would accept repainting of the insides by Vauxhall as she accepts that she damaged the outer face and wouldn't expect replacements with this in mind.
The dealership will attempt a claim, and have advised us to go through the direct Complaints procedure if the repair is rejected. We would happily accept a refurbishment rather than replacements, so this may sway them, maybe.

- We need to source some shortened Reg Plates with the legal markings. They were picked up on the service and now Jo is panicking that she may get pulled by the Police for them...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2013 Chilli Orange Corsa LE - **Trading in for a upgrade** 24 database queries in 0.1105490 seconds