corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 16v or saxo VTS which is faster???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 16v or saxo VTS which is faster???
sxi boy

User status: Offline
12th May 03 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plymouth_Corsa

12th May 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that things are being mis understood, and we are going to fall out over a car that the majority of us are not favourable towards (well put that bit). So why not just go our seperate ways...if you like saxo's, thats cool. If corsa is more your cup of tea, then thats also cool.
End of story. Post now locked. lol
Blazer

12th May 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THE END...?
leecorsa18

12th May 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so is a corsa faster then
rollin

12th May 03 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both in standard trim a vts will hammer a 1.6 16v just as a vtr will kill a 1.4 sport, the citreons are quicker they may be less well built and that but at the end of the day in a str8 line and certainly round the corners if both were standard the vts would walk it
blackula

19th Dec 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

!
Greasemonkey

20th Dec 03 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL i hate Shatsos, they piss me off big time, but non of the saxo boys can touch my GSI, that goes for the 106 GTI boys too!!!! I love having a tuned motor just carnt wait to get it back start of Jan with the new engine running spot on and my ARP rod bolt and Lexmaul manifold fitted
sxi boy

20th Dec 03 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have beaten many a vts in my clio 16v and thats with me on 17s

cant wait to bolt some 15s on and take her up the track.

raced a corsa gsi - it was a joke, poor poor car, needs an XE

saxo vts is always a gud race, ultimately they end up losing tho
thane

20th Dec 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if a vts is a quick as it is, would u still want to drive it being made of 3mm steel?

my dad had one pile driver into the rear right wheel of passat 6 months ago at 30mph. result: what wrote off saxo, undriveable, buckled chassis and lots of bits on the floor. the passat? slight dent on the arch and minor hub damage.

yea its quick, but id sooner have a german tank to a french tin foil rocket
storm25

20th Dec 03 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of things in this post are jubious to say the least!speed comparrisons with a 2.0i corsa and a standard vts are just wrong! think aout it!its not a standard engine the 2.0i so it depends on so many other factors like the engine set up. is it from a calibra or a cavvy. wht power does it actually push! you cant make uniformly quantifiable statements about a variable. also all this i smoked a vts in my 1.2 is bollocks unless you know the other bloke was pushing it.if he wasnt then its as gooid as overtaking a parked car!
wainey

20th Dec 03 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
quote:
Originally posted by Mr 106
130bhp was only a rumour.

its bn prooven, theres a fella on ssc had his standard vts rollin roaded at sumthing like 131bhp

saxo vtr 0-60 is 9.3, whoever u got 10+ from was takin the piss!!!!
corsa 1.4 16v sport 0-60 is in the 10's and is nowhere nr as fast as the vtr mid range and top end

when r ppl guna realise that standard, the corsas got nowt on the saxo!!!

any standard 1.4 16v owner that says they beat a vtr is lying, ive seen vtr's rape corsa 1.4 16 valvers
not all vtr's are that quick, but i suppose when i say i beat a vtr in my 1.4 16v corsa automatically i am lying but who cares, now i can beat em all, and clio valvers, oh and williams clios, strange that, suppose im lying again
Andy

20th Dec 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never driven a VTS, but I have been driven quickly in my friend's and I was impressed. Very nippy and lovely handling, supple without being harsh. One thing that hasn't been mentioned though is that the 1.6 Corsa Sport has a gem of an engine which responds fantastically to tuning. An inlet/exhaust manifold, a decat an a Unichip will easily release a genuine 30bhp and more torque for less than a grand. Slap on throttle bodies to a completely unmodified engine and you're looking at 160bhp and huge fat torque curve. And I've got 215bhp out of my 1.6, with more to come - no turbo, no supercharger. Handlingwise, there's much on the Corsa that needs sorting, but it's growing popularity as a clubman's rally machine means that there are an ever growing variety of handling upgrades being made available.

My 2p's worth
dixon

20th Dec 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gsi beat a vts the other day he was gutted
MoNkEy MaGiC

20th Dec 03 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive beaten a vts in my Gsi before quite easily, i overtook him in second gear, he jus coudnt match the torque of the Gsi n he was gutted!!! all my car had then was a induction kit and the vts looked standard
Cybermonkey

20th Dec 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from a standing start, the corsa GSi/Sport wont have a chance against a driver who knows what hes doing. However, i predict that a rolling start from 40mph would be interesting. 3rd gear from the F15 at 40-45mph is right in the XE sweet spot, and all that torque can be put to good use. i have never been against a VTS in this situation, but all i know is that i have shocked a few cars on sliproads like A190's, mk4 Golf GTi's amongst a few others.

Dave
sxi boy

22nd Dec 03 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wainey
quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
quote:
Originally posted by Mr 106
130bhp was only a rumour.

its bn prooven, theres a fella on ssc had his standard vts rollin roaded at sumthing like 131bhp

saxo vtr 0-60 is 9.3, whoever u got 10+ from was takin the piss!!!!
corsa 1.4 16v sport 0-60 is in the 10's and is nowhere nr as fast as the vtr mid range and top end

when r ppl guna realise that standard, the corsas got nowt on the saxo!!!

any standard 1.4 16v owner that says they beat a vtr is lying, ive seen vtr's rape corsa 1.4 16 valvers
not all vtr's are that quick, but i suppose when i say i beat a vtr in my 1.4 16v corsa automatically i am lying but who cares, now i can beat em all, and clio valvers, oh and williams clios, strange that, suppose im lying again

wot mods u runnin on ur 5 m8?? im sure youve told me b4 but i forget

ive raced and beaten 4 R5 GTT's in my valver, i assumed they were all std
sxi boy

22nd Dec 03 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
I've never driven a VTS, but I have been driven quickly in my friend's and I was impressed. Very nippy and lovely handling, supple without being harsh. One thing that hasn't been mentioned though is that the 1.6 Corsa Sport has a gem of an engine which responds fantastically to tuning. An inlet/exhaust manifold, a decat an a Unichip will easily release a genuine 30bhp and more torque for less than a grand. Slap on throttle bodies to a completely unmodified engine and you're looking at 160bhp and huge fat torque curve. And I've got 215bhp out of my 1.6, with more to come - no turbo, no supercharger. Handlingwise, there's much on the Corsa that needs sorting, but it's growing popularity as a clubman's rally machine means that there are an ever growing variety of handling upgrades being made available.

My 2p's worth

agreed, but on the other hand the 1.6 16v 120bhp vts/gti lump is a gem also, it responds very well to stage 1 mods (i/k, exhaust, de-cat, chip) which can take the power to over thw 140bhp mark
sxi boy

22nd Dec 03 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
ive beaten a vts in my Gsi before quite easily, i overtook him in second gear, he jus coudnt match the torque of the Gsi n he was gutted!!! all my car had then was a induction kit and the vts looked standard

he wasnt trying, my 16v just beats vts' and i bully corsa 1.6 16v's, try racing one from a standing start
leon_in_uk

22nd Dec 03 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neva get a saxo, any citreon's are cheaply made. the doors fall off the interier is shite and tacky etc. fast but shite
Robbo

22nd Dec 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wolf In Welsh Clothing
106 ralye are slightly quicker than 1.6 sports as standard as they are light (even though same engine as vtr)

Not true... 106 rallye has a 1.3 I believe
big eck

22nd Dec 03 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobboSRi
quote:
106 ralye are slightly quicker than 1.6 sports as standard as they are light (even though same engine as vtr)

Partially right m8 the older versions had the 1.3 engine, newer ones had the 1.6.

vibrio
Banned

22nd Dec 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thane
if a vts is a quick as it is, would u still want to drive it being made of 3mm steel?

my dad had one pile driver into the rear right wheel of passat 6 months ago at 30mph. result: what wrote off saxo, undriveable, buckled chassis and lots of bits on the floor. the passat? slight dent on the arch and minor hub damage.

yea its quick, but id sooner have a german tank to a french tin foil rocket

I must point out that cars are desinged to crumple as this absorbes the energy from the impact
Cybermonkey

22nd Dec 03 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh ross. therefore, i suspect you would be safer in a saxo that crumples a lot in crumple zones rather than a corsa with a fibreglass bonnet that shatters
Marc D

22nd Dec 03 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leon_in_uk
neva get a saxo, any citreon's are cheaply made. the doors fall off the interier is shite and tacky etc. fast but shite

this guy is great
Robbo

22nd Dec 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by RobboSRi
quote:

Partially right m8 the older versions had the 1.3 engine, newer ones had the 1.6.

D'oh!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll