corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 16v or saxo VTS which is faster???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 16v or saxo VTS which is faster???
Russ2k2

User status: Offline
9th May 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nar 106, he means that u can brake later before the corner so u can accelerate through i think? thats what i saw that as, but all the saxo's iv played with dont seem to handel any better??
Mr 106

9th May 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and how large a percentage of weight transfer is there to the rear?

and how much of a percentage of braking is carried out on the front?
Russ2k2

9th May 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who u asking? hopefully not me lol.
Gambit

9th May 03 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v.little only bout 30% of the braking is done by the rear, so i agree rear discs dont really help that much with handling or under hard braking
Blazer

9th May 03 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi boy how did the vts beat the 106 gti when there both near enuff the same car?
kev007

9th May 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 1.6 corsa sport will kill a vtr ive never bin beat by one,all the vtr is,is a poor mans vts!
kev007

9th May 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but must admit a vts would kik my ass!!
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK - mr106 - u truly are a homo, theres a fella on ssc called tricky whose got a standard 130bhp vts, go have a look chump.

secondly, rear discs = brake l8r = better handling.

and finally: check out autocar mag from 30th april n u'll see that the vts wwas 3rd fastest around rockingham, 106 gti was 0.3 secs slower.

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by sxi boy]
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zetec s? id rather fookin walk!!

blackula - my cousins got a 99V phase 2 vtr on 17's, and it has beaten zetec s' while ive bn sat in.

and as far as manufacturers figs r concerned, wot wud u want me 2 do make em up??? ok so a lot are fiddled to fit into certain tax and ins grp brackets, but they generally do tend to give an accurate idea of wots faster than wot.

and as far as postin my thoughts on a zetec s forum, bollox, if i posted on a saxo forum id get an answer favourable to the saxo, just as most ppl on here are biased towards corsas, so ppl on a zetec s forum are bound to say that their zetec s is faster.

as for owning them, there r ppl in my area with all of the above cars and they do race often,i know a lot is down to the driver yeh, but this is real world conditions where most ppl do their racing anyway (come on, how many ppl only save it for the track!!)

all of my info about racing from my posts here are based on what ive seen on the streets.

oh and mr 106 - i'll say it again, u truly are a homo - GTF chump!!
kev007

9th May 03 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main point of this argument is,is a corsa 16 16v faster than a saxo vts?answer simply no, so stop moaning like a load of old women
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ this thread

''which is faster.....'' threads always go a bit like this
kev007

9th May 03 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a simple question turns out to be a f*ckin essay,at the end of the day a vts is quicker,whos gives a f*ck about all the other bullshit on here?
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vts is a fookin quality motor, dont care wot any1 says, really fun 2 drive, handle mint only prob is the grp 14 insurance
kev007

9th May 03 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah definately,wouldnt mind one but as usual mr insurance man says "kiss my ass!!"
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pug 106 gti is nice aswell
morty

10th May 03 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My next car the Zafira Gsi is only group 14 ins so the vts is quite high isnt it.

So just tell me if the corsa 1.6 16v had the same power as standard to the vts would it then be down to either driver, weight or handling.

or

ALL of the above

Darren

[Edited on 10-05-2003 by morty]
sxi boy

10th May 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wud be down 2 the weight and the vts would win cos its a lighter car
Rover Steve

10th May 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VTS? isn't that the stupid little french mess i wasted earlier? Nice try saxo man, but don't race 200bhp Rovers nest time
PanaceA

10th May 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those talking about handling - Saxo vs Corsa:-
A saxo VTR and VTS have a ten times better chassis than any Corsa so if you keep suspension mods the same the Saxo will always handle better. Rear discs do count as part of the handling - it helps in trying to out brake other cars. The Saxo's will brake better than a Corsa as well as standard. Also, the VTS will beat a Corsa GSI or 1.6 Sport in a drag race.
Corsa's just aren't quite as good as a VTS but thats why they are more expensive. The beauty about a Corsa is that you can put 16v or V6 brakes one them and a 2.0l or 2.0l turbo engine into them fairly easily - this is what seperated them from the Saxo range.
At the end of the day, Corsas and Saxos are very slow cars. None of them can complete a 1/4 mile in less than 16.5 seconds as standard which isn't very impresive really. There are a few "quick" small cars - Clio 16v/williams, 205 1.9 GTi, Punto GT (GT3), Clio cup, Copper S - all these cars would waste any Saxo or Corsa and I don't care if you've beaten one before.
Plymouth_Corsa

10th May 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the priveledge of owning both a phase1 vtr and a zetec-s, and the zetec-s handles better and is quicker! It will be, has more bhp, a LOT more torque and the 0-60 book time is wrong, very wrong. The reason Ford put it as a slow looking motor is so insurance rating would be low, its group8, so it could compete with the vtr, which it did well. Head to head, I would prefer the fiesta in every aspect, and the body of the zetec-s is the best handling of any small car in standard form. A 106/ saxo is then 2nd best, but the lack of stiff rear suspension on anything french (torsian bar) mean that its not quite upto that of the zetec-s.

Look, a hatch is a hatch...it will never be a high performance motor, if you want one of them - get a ferrari. :-D lol
Blazer

10th May 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what about a Civic TYPE-R, Focus RS, Clio 172, so these are not high performance cars then plymouth?
Rover Steve

10th May 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plymouth, Ferrari's aren't hatch. they're 2 dr.

And what do you mean they're not a performance car?
Ste - 0-60 5.8 seconds, top speed 150 mph, 200bhp flywheel. Performance car indeed.
Plymouth_Corsa

11th May 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 106 GTi, VTR and VTS and the Corsa GSi are considered hot hatch, not performance car is what i meant. I know ferrari's are not a hatch, i did not mean they were, it was a joke anyway. The Civic Type-R is effectivly an ugly MPV, the Focus is not a hot hatch, its a mid sized motor and the clio 172, well its a renault!!! :-D lol
PanaceA

11th May 03 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio 172's are quicker on paper than they are in real life, I've had a good lengthy race with two, one new shape one old shape, and neither could keep with me from 10 to 90Mph, after the 90Mph mark I stopped pulling away.
Mr 106

11th May 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
OK - mr106 - u truly are a homo

how unoriginal. just waiting for the "your mother" references now..
quote:
theres a fella on ssc called tricky whose got a standard 130bhp vts, go have a look chump.

and you believe everything that everyone says?

i once caught a fish.. it was this...

quote:
secondly, rear discs = brake l8r = better handling.

go learn something about car handling and come back when you understand.

quote:
and finally: check out autocar mag from 30th april n u'll see that the vts wwas 3rd fastest around rockingham, 106 gti was 0.3 secs slower.

autocar is wrong.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll