corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 16v or saxo VTS which is faster???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 16v or saxo VTS which is faster???
KOMBAT_CORSA

User status: Offline
8th May 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well said m8,

Saxos are like clits
every c*nts got one
big eck

8th May 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've wasted all the saxo VTS'es down my way and I even sh*t all over a tuned and stripped out 106 gti. Didnt know how fast my car was till then.
sxi boy

8th May 03 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr 106
130bhp was only a rumour.

its bn prooven, theres a fella on ssc had his standard vts rollin roaded at sumthing like 131bhp

saxo vtr 0-60 is 9.3, whoever u got 10+ from was takin the piss!!!!
corsa 1.4 16v sport 0-60 is in the 10's and is nowhere nr as fast as the vtr mid range and top end

when r ppl guna realise that standard, the corsas got nowt on the saxo!!!

any standard 1.4 16v owner that says they beat a vtr is lying, ive seen vtr's rape corsa 1.4 16 valvers
sxi boy

8th May 03 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport
1.4 16v (sport) is the Same power as vtr. same 0-60 time.

phase 1 saxo vtr - 90 bhp
phase 2 vtr 99-2000 - 98 bhp
phase 2 vtr 2000-2002 - 103bhp
phase 2 vtr 2002 > - 100bhp

saxos are much lighter cars anyway so even if power is the same (phase 1) then the power to weight ratio on the saxo is still greater thus meaning it is faster!
Blazer

9th May 03 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi boy no way does the VTR top out at 120mph. We all know the best way to get performance outta our corsa's is to get another engine from another more powerful vauxhall, so what do the saxo boys get????
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cousins vtr goes off the clock at 120 mph, book speed is about 116-118mph same as gsi

oh........and the saxo boys get superchargers, plus they still handlle, unlike heavy engined 2.0 16v corsas.

theres a vts on ssc with 200+ bhp at the wheels
Blazer

9th May 03 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate saxo's so much, and it also said in my max power mag the vtr does 109mph, hey do u reckon a mk1 clio 16v will kane a vts?
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

max power figs r shite m8! seriously, they just make 'em up or smth!!!

clio 16v will handle like a vts, but its a bit heavier so off the line the vts has it, but as u get further into the mid range then the clio will match it, and beat it top end.

a clio 16v is wot im after over summer
morty

9th May 03 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Performance 1.1i 1.4i 1.5 D 1.6i 1.6i 16V
Maximum speed (mph) 101 109 98 120 127
0-62 MPH (sec) 12.8 11.2 15.7 9.4 7.8

Im not trying to shit on any ones patch but this is off the Shitreon UK website the one I raced on the A1 must have been a phase 1 or a phase 2 topping out at around 120mph...? My car is not standard so will do more then the book says but if the saxo vtr do what they say they do on paper then they are a very competitive against a Gsi corsa.

Darren

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by morty]
Cybermonkey

9th May 03 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi boy, you know fuuck all. A VTR is NOT quicker than a 1.6 Sport/GSi, and is equal to the 1.4. The VTS is a fair bit faster than the 1.6 Corsas though. But if we are talking about a Corsa 2.0 here, a VTS will lose in every situation. The Corsa shell is much more solid than the Saxo, and quite willingly swallows the 20XE engine without much of a problem. Its when V6's go in Corsas does the handling suffer. Anyone putting 2.0's in their Corsa uprates the suspension anyway, to take the extra weight of the engine. So a 2.0 Corsa WILL be faster round a track than both a VTR/VTS.

Dave
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
sxi boy, you know fuuck all. A VTR is NOT quicker than a 1.6 Sport/GSi, and is equal to the 1.4.
Dave

GTF u fukin homo, look at the figures, vtr has HIGHER power to weigh ratio than 1.4 sport, and ALL phase 2 models have more power anyway. book 0-60 times, now this is from the citroen website, is 9.4 compared to the corsa 1.4 which is in the 10's. now, the vtr will rape the corsa round the twisty stuff as corsas can't handle for shit!
and this is also where the vtr beats the gsi, cos it handles.

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by sxi boy]
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and in autocar magazine from 30th april, the vts beats:

106 gti
caterham 1.4 classic
new astra gsi
pug 206 180
mini cooper s
mg zr 160
focus st170

and a few others round rockingham.

it was only beaten by the CTR and the clio 172 cup and there was only 1 sec between the three.
blackula

9th May 03 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The VTR is furiously defended by the owners, nothing wrong with that. They claim vehemently that its quicker than the Fiesta Zetec S and a better handler. The ZS's ABS and trction control more rubber and in my opinion better chassis made it iverall quite a bit quicker, on this topic the 16v SPort 1.6 Corsa matched a sandard Zetec S, so in my opinion the VTR is slower than a Corsa 1.6 but handles better. But..those 1.6 Corsa Sports has 165's r something adn wheeltrims on sme models...ugh ! Fit some nice wheels if you have one.

When Performance car mag back in the early 90's tested the Corsa GSi, John Barker noted that the 1.6 gsi corsa could hit 0-60 in an 'astonishing' 8.1secs, whereas later tests said mid or low 9's.

I'd own a Corsa over a saxo, when I drive a saxo I have problems with the pedals. The VTS later models have some nice 15" wheels and the reputed power hike to 130 bhp. If power was the only issue in a small car, then we wouldn't have corsas and we wouldn't have saxos either, Punto Turbo's RS Turbos are all more tuneable.

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by blackula]
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zetec s - 1.6 16v, 103 bhp, 0-60: 10.2., 112mpt top end
corsa gsi had 2 engines, 109bhp redtop and 106 bhp ecotec, figs for the ecotec are - 105 bhp, 0-60 in 9, 121mph top end
saxo vtr phase 2 - 98 bhp, 0-60 in 9.3 120 top end

zetec s will not out handle a vtr, and doesn't have the power to weight to match it.

ive seen vtrs beat zetec s' on the roads
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and for u 1.4 16v sport ppl: my cousins got a vtr phase 2 on 17's and even with the bigger wheels he had much more grunt then our m8's corsa 1.4 16v.
Russ2k2

9th May 03 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi boy, u saying that a standard saxo handles better than a standard corsa? so what? when suspension is altered to after market i would say theres fuck all difference as iv driven both..and do they handel better every time? what about the difference in drivers?
gsi-gaz

9th May 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morty
I can vouch for the vtr been slow on the top end I was coming back from pontefract and was up near garforth i came down the slip road doing about 90mph and I saw this vtr/vts? fly past must have been topping out so I kept my foot down and caught up with him and was stuck on his arse then i saw that it was a vtr so again kept my foot down and he pulled out of the way but he must have still had his foot down cos i was taking over him then i looked down and saw i was just over 120mph so my misses moaned at me so i slowed down.

Darren

what ya done to ya gsi mate? engine mods i mean?
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driver skill is a main aspect yeh it goes without saying. The vtr and vts also come with rear disc brakes wich also add to their handling advantage.

aftermarket stuff will always improve a car, but we're talkin bout standard cars here.
and its fair to say that u can improve a corsa with aftermarket suspension etc, but u can also improve an saxos handling with adjustable dampers etc.
the rear torsion bar setup on the saxo provides a much better base to start improving on, if u get wot im tryin 2 say??

Matt Dyson

9th May 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the VTS is faster, its 0-60 is 7.2 sec.

but its not coz ofit extra 12bhp its only coz it 350kg lighter, corsa sport does ok i think, if they where the same weight.....who wud win then?
sxi boy

9th May 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the extra 14 bhp helps somehow

vts because its still got more power, hence the power-weight ratio wud still be greater - 120bhp vs 106bhp

morty

9th May 03 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not had much done to it Gsi-Gaz basic stuff zorst, drilled airbox and cold air feed or and the superchip taken it to 115bhp @ 6241 rev limiter set to 7k5revs im trying to look for some speedline racing wheels in black, then im gonna start the joys of throttle bodies and engine work.

Any way its been proven by daimo b and a few others that with a modded saxo and corsa the corsa wins every time proven in the revs corsa vs saxo day.

Darren

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by morty]
Mr 106

9th May 03 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see sxi boy is a fucking ponce

do not attempt to contradict me boy.

this 130bhp is a rumour and only that. True the engines were updated to a 3plug wiring loom style, and the cat was moved to the manifold, but overall there was zero increase in bhp.

in mass manufacturing it is normal to experience discrepencies in the cars that are churned out everyday. this is where you get cars that are better than normal.

go sit in the corner you muppit
Mr 106

9th May 03 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
oh and in autocar magazine from 30th april, the vts beats:

106 gti
caterham 1.4 classic
new astra gsi
pug 206 180
mini cooper s
mg zr 160
focus st170

and a few others round rockingham.

it was only beaten by the CTR and the clio 172 cup and there was only 1 sec between the three.

rubbish.

a 106gti has a shorter gear box for faster acceleration. and is also lighter.
Mr 106

9th May 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
driver skill is a main aspect yeh it goes without saying. The vtr and vts also come with rear disc brakes wich also add to their handling advantage.

since when did rear discs affect handling?

you truely know nothing
blackula

9th May 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sxi boy with respect, I had a p and later V reg VTR, a Y Zetec S and a 51 Zetec So, if anyone knows its going to be me.

BTW go to

www.zetecs.com and make your points there...see what happens

The 10.2 figure and 113 mph for a ZS is understated and it was to make te puma look faster and a better buy in comparison.

BTW quoting factory and magazine performance firgures as law is a typical young lads response to an argument/

Why not own a VTR's and ZS's and then a Corsa before you think your word is god.

No offence mate.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll