corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » little help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author little help
Jonny.N

User status: Offline
14th Mar 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi. Can I put a manual engine into a automatic shell? And is it simple enough? Please explain. Thanks
Jonny.N

14th Mar 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone
gary2097

14th Mar 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can as all the shells are the same
Jonny.N

14th Mar 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the hole for the clutch etc will still be there etc
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Mar 13 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you talking about a corsa b? you will need the pedal box assembley from the manual the hole for the clutch cable is in this. the body shells are the same. just bolt on parts that will be differant. the rad will have an oilcooler in it on the auto but still ok for a manual.
Jonny.N

14th Mar 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal. Ive got everything there bar clutch assembly just wanted to make sure it would fit in and bolt up and work. Thanks for the info. I was thinking the shells would be slightly diffrent as one doesnt use clutch pedal. So didnt think the hole would of been there. Thanks very much. Cleared that up
Jonny.N

16th Jun 13 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does the gear knob bit fit in once ive took the auto bit out? Anyone got some pics?
Jonny.N

18th Jun 13 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone
Edges 58

18th Jun 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to get the gear stick cage and rod assembly from a manual! Just bolts on!
Jonny.N

18th Jun 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers will the bits from a c fit?
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best to get the gear linkage from the same model as you are putting it in to, and make sure gear patern is the same lay out for reverse. left and forwards is the norm.
Jonny.N

18th Jun 13 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it make a diffrence? As people use sport ones on valvers and arent corsa cs the same gear layout as a b?
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Jun 13 at 05:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c & b have different floor pans so length and mounts may be different? a lot of C's are cable shift to.
Jonny.N

20th Jun 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill get one from a b. What do I do with the wiring from the auto box? Its connected in the left footwell. Doesnt that need to be swapped so it can be used with manual gearbox sender?
Jonny.N

23rd Jun 13 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone
davegreen
Premium Member

23rd Jun 13 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the wiring will be different as the auto box will be connected to the ecu somewhere?
with out searching through wiring schematics I cant say exactly where and what wires.
Jonny.N

23rd Jun 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The gearbox has its own ecu . The wiring from it splits to gearbox. And other to green plug in drivers footwell. Just wanna know if it will still wire in the same or do I need a sport dash loom. If it works this way I can use the epas. If I go down sport route ill need to change to pas ?
davegreen
Premium Member

23rd Jun 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should all be fine as the epas works off the rpm of the engine and speedo wiring.
im running stand alone ecu in mine and epas and speedo are ok. you may find the gear light stays on on the dash so just pull the bulb out. as corsa b's don't have a bcu just ecu and autobox control unit if auto its all very simple.
Jonny.N

25th Jun 13 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ended up going for sport loom. So its plug and play. Jst dunno if epas will work etc. If not ill get a pas setup.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » little help 24 database queries in 0.0128510 seconds