corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Swapping Electric Window Motors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Swapping Electric Window Motors
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
5th May 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to my electric window problems. Currently I have 3dr Electric Window Motors & Regulators.

I need 5dr Motors and Regulators but these are very rare as only the GLS and CDX have the correct length regulators.

Megavaux have a passenger one, but no drivers side motor.

I am currently thinking of buying the regulators from Vauxhall (unaware of the price) and swapping the motors I have on my 3dr regulators onto my new 5dr regulators.

Is this easy?

How do you do it? I have a Haynes Manual and it says 'secure spring and remove' - but I need a little more detail than this! Can it be done, how and best practicies etc.

Its for a 1999 Corsa 5dr.

Thanks guys,

New Poll