corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ***just got all electric window stuff....but now problems...***

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***just got all electric window stuff....but now problems...***
Geeza10328

User status: Offline
16th Nov 03 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got all the wiring in the door and everything works. but the motors and arms I got I'm not sure if they are the right size.

I've got a 3 door corsa, so the doors are longer than the 5 door, if I have got the motors and arms that are from the 5door can I use them on my 3 door? we're just talkin the front doors here obviously.

Can anyone gives me any ideas wots goin on. The new arms are smaller by about 5-6 cms than the original wind up ones so I'm not sure what that means.

any ideas anyone?

Matt
Tidus

16th Nov 03 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was at the scrapy yesterday and asked wether 5 door motors could be used in a 3 door and he said "No!"
There was like Six 5 door Corsas there but no 3 doors :-[
Geeza10328

16th Nov 03 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

balls...hmm surely they can be modded..sumhow I hope
Tidus

16th Nov 03 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe! ask mav.
Mav 3000

16th Nov 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you read my guide on fitting electric windows?

I wish a Mod would put it in the FAQ section.

Heres the deal ok:

1) 5dr Regulator arms are shorter than 3dr ones and wont fit.

2) You can take the 5dr window motor off of the 5dr regulator arm however this is spring loaded and dangerours - if you twist the arm you risk damage to you, the motor (expensive) and the regulator.

3) If you get the motor off the regulator arm then you still need a 3dr electric window regulator to put it on!

4) 3dr manual and 3dr electric window regulators are different and are rivited to the door in different locations. you can't put motors on manual regulator arms. the part numbers are different.

5) Your only choice is to buy 3dr regulators and motors - you'll never seee them sold seperately as the motors are a pain in the ass (and pointless) to get off.

6) More research, less haste
Mav 3000

16th Nov 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may be able to put the motors on your manual arms, however I can't tell you what the result would be - if the motor would fit in the door at an un-natural location, window winding abilities etc etc.

Id not risk it, flog the 5dr ones and get 3dr ones.

I bought a 3dr kit off here for £40 by mistake, sold it on Ebay for £115

I then bought a 5dr kit and did the job properly. I had the opposite problem to you but didn't take my car apart to find it out
M4tt

16th Nov 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still haven't got round to putting electric windows in mine

but i havent't got the wiring so i was gonna just buy a universal kit -

will that use my original arms? are there n e problems i should be looking out for by doing it this way?

matt
Mav 3000

16th Nov 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M4tt the universal kit - hmm not sure.

Ive seen 3rd party makes, but these come with the motors attached to new regulator arms. You can take the power off a permanant live like the central locking for them otherwise if you've not got CL then your still gonna have to go through the multiplugs.

There are peeps on here to have used third party ones.
M4tt

16th Nov 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i've got a sri so i've got CL

what are regulators anyway?

im just worried if i buy a universal kit that it won't fit in the door, or work with the maunal system i've got - will i need electric arms for the window?

uprated

16th Nov 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got third party central locking and am going to fit electric windows when i have enough spare time and money.
both kits are microscan, although id like to fit proper corsa switches in the proper corsa places.

New Poll