corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ***electric window probs again....mav can ya help :-)****

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***electric window probs again....mav can ya help :-)****
Geeza10328

User status: Offline
17th Nov 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right in my last post I said I reckon I've got 5 door motors, but I've been told that the motors and regulators that I have are definitely for the 3 door.

The thing is I have stripped my doors down once already and I tried quite a few methods of trying to get this things to fit and they were avin none of it. The bracket/rail that is at the bottom of the window pane, the bit that is actually clamped onto the glass shud that be moved along a bit from where it is at the mo, which is in the far right position? (drivers side window)

As far as swapping the things over, all the wiring is there ready, as far as the motors and regulators go is it a case of drilling the rivets out of the old one pulling the manual regulator out, which I've already done once. then just simply swapping with the electric one? I know the electric one has different rivet holes etc which are there in the door fine. But I can't seem to line up the holes where rivets shud go and keep the regulator arms in the rails etc. I have the window fully closed with the motor fully up.

I have been told its possible that the older corsa B's 3 door models had shorter door lengths than the newer corsa B's mines a 1998 model. Is this true? So basically if I can definitely confirm these motors are for a 3 door corsa they shud definitely fit yeah? is there any other parts I need?

the motors themselves came out of a 1.4sport which I don't even think is in 5 door model? but the door cards are shorter than my model now? so I'm just gonna ave to use the original door cards anyway and cover up the manual winder hole, not a prob tho.

So sorry for the essay but can anyone help.....mav
I just thought if there are only two types of electric motors and regulators the ones for the 5 door and the ones for the 3door, has anyone got a pic of either one of them and then I can compare mine with theirs, and dimensions would be ideal, i.e length of the main regulator arm?

cheers

Matt
Geeza10328

17th Nov 03 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
mav

17th Nov 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it you mean Mav 3000 yeah?

cause I don't have a clue m8...
Mav 3000

17th Nov 03 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Mate,

Sounds like your having a hard time with it. Ive been there and done that. I should have given up ages before I swapped my loom over but the draw of electric windows was just too great.

Here's a pic of a 3dr window regulator, and motor - genuine Vauxhall, out of a 94 Sport:

The whole thing about the door cards seems a bit 'iffy' to me. there is no differences between the old model and the 97 onwards 'face lift' model in terms of dimensions - only subtle styling differences. the doors certainly weren't touched!

How sure are you that these came out of a Sport? Your right in thinking that the sport was a 3dr only model.

If I was in your situation Id do what i did when i was in your situation!:

I looked at the part number on the regulator arm - the long number beggining with a 9. People on here have the Electonic Product Catalog (EPC) and can tell you if that part number is for a 3dr or a 5dr as the two had different regulators (of different length). the 5dr would easily be too short for the 3dr and simply wouldn't work.

If nobody here can help you, simply pop into your nearest Vaux dealer who can tell you what your part numbers are for - ie the proper model and can also tell you part numbers of the 3dr and 5dr regulators. the motors shold be universal so these don't matter.

the electric window regulators do use the spare rivit holes. they should allign perfectly and the arm rails should fit into place perfectly. I guess you know this. Take the glass out of the door completely so you've room to work freely.

Good luck mate. I can't really help much more. Get the part numbers confirmed and report back.
Geeza10328

18th Nov 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok part number is 90520192

"brose" is also stamped on the arm. Can anyone help that has an EPC electronic parts catalog on here. I have foned up vauxhall already and they said that the part number I have has been superseeded by another one and so they can't trace what one I have. This dealer I foned was only a little one so I mite try a bigger one see if I have any luck.

Cheers for the info mav (3000) I didn't realise there were two mavs, anyway the pic u've shown looks just like the one I have but I'll double check it now, which is kinda confusin if it is.

The door cards are definitely 6-8 inches shorter than mine so they must be from a 5 door.

Anyone wiv an EPC??

thanx

Matt
Chris R

19th Nov 03 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have both sides of the three door and want to off load them I could be interested.

does anyone have the part #s for the whole lot?
Geeza10328

19th Nov 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone have the epc?

New Poll