corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » RIM's new Blackberry leaked

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RIM's new Blackberry leaked
Dom

User status: Offline
31st Jan 13 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
why does everyone wank off over multitasking? i dont see how it would make any difference at all to how a phone works

As said, true multitasking allows you emulate an environment closer to that of a desktop OS.

Only last week i was on a skype call, needed to email a load of documents to the person (had to be CC'd in others so couldn't use the in built transfer) and couldn't. Had to end the call, then write/send the email then call them back.

When you start needing to use a phone to do work rather than watching cat videos then you soon realise how useful multitasking actually is.

[Edited on 31-01-2013 by Dom]

ive got a laptop, tablet and phone. i dont need to do everything with one device. i can see the odd time it may be useful. but having to call someone back after sending them an email is hardly the end of the world.

Cool but that's you. Most users aren't carrying around a laptop or tablet

You're probably right in that most consumers won't notice multitasking and at best it allows them to listen to Youtube in the background whilst texting.
For business users and doing proper work, multitasking is extremely useful.

Anyway, OS 10 isn't just about multitasking but it's certainly one of the big features of the OS.
mwg

31st Jan 13 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
the masses arent happy, they are told they are happy

Russ

31st Jan 13 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to carry around 2 phones and log onto computers in any of 70 buildings around the county to access emails, so a phone where i could do all that would be beneficial to me
Dom

31st Jan 13 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
The hub is cool and the whole gestures thing, Android and iOS will hopefully steal some of that from BB10 and the Unbuntu OS.

Also, Apple should listen more to the jailbreak community, this iOS7 concept with some Apple polish would be incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv-r9UTGri4

[Edited on 31-01-2013 by A2H GO]

what % of iPhone buyers will jailbreak their phone? Very small I suspect. I don't know anyone in real life that does. Only people of the internet realm seem to jailbreak iPhones

Then again - what percentage of iPhone buyers know about jailbreaking, what it is and what it does?
I suspect the majority don't.

True. My point is if it's only a small percentage doing it Apple aren't likely to take notice if the masses are happy

Apple wanted to get rid of jailbreaking, so they aren't going to advertise it

Plus Apple have already nabbed a lot of jailbreaks and implemented them into iOS - Notifications/mobile notifier, wifi hotspots, folders, smart screen/widgets....
Dom

31st Jan 13 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i have to carry around 2 phones and log onto computers in any of 70 buildings around the county to access emails, so a phone where i could do all that would be beneficial to me

One of the reasons dual profiles on OS 10 looks extremely handy. Plus you get the security from the profile separation.

If the Z10 supported dual-sim then it'd be seriously awesome.

[Edited on 31-01-2013 by Dom]
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some apps seems to multitask, eg music apps, can start something playing and then use other apps with it playing in the background

also can call someone and still use other apps whilst on that call
A2H GO

31st Jan 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
The hub is cool and the whole gestures thing, Android and iOS will hopefully steal some of that from BB10 and the Unbuntu OS.

Also, Apple should listen more to the jailbreak community, this iOS7 concept with some Apple polish would be incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv-r9UTGri4

what % of iPhone buyers will jailbreak their phone? Very small I suspect. I don't know anyone in real life that does. Only people of the internet realm seem to jailbreak iPhones

It's not to satisfy jailbreakers, they can already do all this stuff it's to offer the good ideas to those who don't.

To answer your question around 5% of iOS devices are jailbroken rising closer to 8% when a jailbreak is released, which is a fair amount, over 30 million devices.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll