corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ending a contract early

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ending a contract early
antnee

User status: Offline
30th Oct 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to end my phone contract with 02, end of the contract is Nov 13.

Cut a long story short, the signal I am getting is shit, given them chance to sort it (new sim card and then 'repaired' my phone), situation is now worse than ever.

I want to cancel my contract and move operator, but I don't want to be stung by having to pay out the rest of the contract.

Is there anyway around this? Maybe something to do with them not providing their part of the contract?
Toby
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its difficult.

There point of view is you have had the phone a year (guessing 24month contract) and you have managed with the signal so whats the issue now and unless you can prove anything has changed i.e. a new building has been erected and blocking signal then there's little you will be able to do.

However, they do have a contract to provide you with coverage and if you can prove that its been an ongoing issue i.e. lots of returns to try and cure the problem then this will be on your side but still 12 months is a long time before throwing in the towel so to speak.

I think its 50/50.
antnee

30th Oct 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well internet speed has been gradually getting worse. But more people are telling me that they had tried to ring and it wouldn't connect, having loads of problems with text coming through hours after they have been sent to me. The situation has got worse in the past 3 months. The building I now live in may be part of the problem but I am having issues elsewhere, even when sat next to other people on O2
pow
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What phone are you running? Also, it's worth doing a trial period with the data turned completely off - see how that goes.
antnee

30th Oct 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would data being off effect the phone receiving calls/texts?

I have a HTC Desire

Edit, meant sensation

[Edited on 30-10-2012 by antnee]

[Edited on 30-10-2012 by antnee]
pow
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just try it for a day or 2, I had the same problems you are describing and it was all down to a dodgy O2 version of 2.3.5
Toby
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turn the network mode from GSm/WCDMA auto to GSM and see if that helps signal, would ultimately remove your 3g signal (3G and H on your phone) (which is the purpose of a smartphone) but could make the 2g (G and E on your phone) signal stronger which is also going to help with the calls.
antnee

31st Oct 12 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if I am having to turn off data, thats a reason for terminating the contract?
sc0ott

31st Oct 12 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see them cancelling your contract tbh over that.

If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.
antnee

31st Oct 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried data off, still doing it, off to o2 now

New Poll