corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Getting new contract on same Phone provider

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting new contract on same Phone provider
Simon

User status: Offline
16th Sep 12 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick question regarding taking out a new phone contract. My current contract with Orange is coming to an end so I'm looking to upgrade. The best deals on the phone I want are also on Orange but aren't directly through Orange so in effect I would be ending one contract and starting another. With the whole PAC code business, I assume there will be no problems moving it from one Orange contract to another, will they do this from one call?
dan_m1les

16th Sep 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine did this had to swap it to a different provider onto a pay as you go sim, then moved it to new contract
Simon

17th Sep 12 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a bit of a faff!
noshua

17th Sep 12 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine as long as the contract doesn't end before starting the new contract you can just transfer it over once done, worth ringing CS to find out, just say its through CPW or something which has a better deal.

If you talk to cancellations, specifically retentions, you'll probably get a better deal anyway.
ed

17th Sep 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What noshua said, they'll at least match the retail offer for you.
fazza

17th Sep 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or cancel the old deal and get them to convert your number to orange payasyougo.

Take out the new deal and as soon as your number swaps to the PAYG simcard, call orange and they will swap it onto your new contract
Toby
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be lucky if they let you transfer to a PAYG sim unless you lie through your teeth as to why. Orange wouldn't let me do it and said it was a 'back door' upgrade.
Simon

17th Sep 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what did you do?
Toby
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a new number, need to be smarter than I was. Tell them you don't want a contract anymore and switching to PAYG and go from there though like I said even now they are stopping that as a work around.
fazza

20th Sep 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they cannot stop you moving to PAYG

if they wont let you move to PAYG and stay with the same provider tell them to get fucked and give me a PAC code and you will switch

Do it loads in work
Rob_Quads

20th Sep 12 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I had to do it a while back.

Just ask for a PAC code. If they ask why just say your going else where. They can't not give you a PAC code.
Toby
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
they cannot stop you moving to PAYG

if they wont let you move to PAYG and stay with the same provider tell them to get fucked and give me a PAC code and you will switch :lol

I bet you will find in their t&c's that they can prevent you transferring a number to a PAYG sim card. Think your missing the point, that is moving the number to a PAYG sim in order to move it back to a contract with the same provider.

New Poll