corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Excel sheet needed, can anyone help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Excel sheet needed, can anyone help?
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jun 12 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you have probably seen im running the euromillions syndicate, and i need to make my life easier.

The numbers are drawn alot earlier than the national lottery site shows them.

So i can see the numbers early on other sites. It just means checking them manually. I have a spreadsheet with everyones numbers in seperate coloums/rows. Is it possible to have 7 boxes where i can enter the numbers drawn, and it will highlight the numbers in all the lines?

If anyone can knock me something up/show me how ill be very greatful

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Marc

16th Jun 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you are saying, and I am by no means an expert on Excel. I'm not sure what you want is possible, as surely the forula needed for each candidates number would need a lot of code?
Dan
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really?

I can do a find all if i control and F and it will list them all, but i really want it to make them stand out at same time so i can check winnings :/

Marc

16th Jun 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon its doable if you list 1-49 at the side of everyones name and forulate it that way?

I'm sure someone else will be along to tell me to shut up and have a real easy way of doing it!
Dan
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper simple....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCt7BGKPoKs

Conditional formatting, learn something new every day

Gaz

16th Jun 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just need a fancy lookup if I remember rightly, can you host your document somewhere so we can download the peoples numbers and then have a go at it for you?

(https://docs.google.com)
Gaz

16th Jun 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Proper simple....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCt7BGKPoKs

Conditional formatting, learn something new every day

Conditional formatting will work as shown but you have an eliminate still of manually looking to see if someone won a tenner.... thats were formulating it will help you even more... you can take t a step further and have a summery box at the bottom which can tell you if money has been won(I.E, how many numbers on a line match) and then if you really wanted to, have a jackpot input box which calculates a rough winning amount in £.
Dan
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im happy with just looking through to be honest.

It will be pretty obvious if theres a win etc.

Dan
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you could make something better like you suggest Gaz, id really appreciate it, i just dont have the skillzz needed nor time, hence not overly fussed about going any further myself

Baskey

16th Jun 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure what your sheet looks like mate.

Post a screen print of the spreadsheet and I will be able to give you a simple formular that will highlight when a ticket has a minimum of 3 of the numbers (so you don't have to manually go through)

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by Baskey]
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://download.cnet.com/Lottery-Syndicate-Manager-Complete-LSMC/3000-2647_4-10203644.html
Matt L

16th Jun 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill give this a go in a bit if you still need it and arent using the link above?
pow
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan I can help, talk to me on Monday.
Fro

17th Jun 12 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
http://download.cnet.com/Lottery-Syndicate-Manager-Complete-LSMC/3000-2647_4-10203644.html

Nice one Brett, going to have a play with that when I'm back to work and see what the functionality is like.
Gaz

17th Jun 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted to set up a section where it could tell you the winnings but as the EURO's have a flexible (non-set) amount when you win it would have to be integrated into their website which I cannot build :-(

It had so much potential... I've u2u'd Dan with my version so far anyway.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:
Originally posted by Brett

Nice one Brett, going to have a play with that when I'm back to work and see what the functionality is like.

Seems to do just about everything you'd need. Let us know how you get on

New Poll