corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » excel help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author excel help
Darren

User status: Offline
   28th Jan 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im trying to make a new quote type thing at work to replace the spreadsheet type thing. what im after is so that first off all you get a box pop up asking for the name of the insured, you write that in and then it places that in a spreadsheet in a certiain cell, then want questions like 'building sum insured' and you put the figure in and press ok and it puts it in spreadsheet...

im sure its possible as i 'think' i did something like this at 6th form

any ideas?
Ally

28th Jan 05 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Formula, do you mean having a set form on excel, that when you enter a name it automatically puts the name into ... e.g cells B4?
Darren

28th Jan 05 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
Formula, do you mean having a set form on excel, that when you enter a name it automatically puts the name into ... e.g cells B4?

yeah, and i think its got something to do with macros.

i already have a quote sheet in excel with all formulas etc im just bored so was gonna try tart it up lol
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Jan 05 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want Macros and Visual Basic. That's what you use to make a form. I'll try and i know to draw a button you use the Forms Toolbar and then draw a button onto the spreadsheet...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » excel help 24 database queries in 0.0117640 seconds