corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Indicator issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Indicator issues
corsa king

User status: Offline
10th May 12 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello there guys!

I recently bought a 1.0 corsa B, but the indicators on it don't seem to turn themselves off after the turn. The came with a racing style steering wheel, which the previous owner said was the cause of this. The more I think about it the less I believe it, as I have seen many corsas with similar steerings but no compliants! I don't really want to swap to stadard, as i quite like the look of the deep dish one currently on So any ideas on how to get the indicators correcting themselves?

Any help would be to very appreciated!
tom130691
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this, it will auto click off but the wheel has to be quite far round on mine,

i wouldnt worry about it
none of my cars auto cancel
corsa king

11th May 12 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right awesome! I'm not too fused, well I can't drive it yet (haven't passed my test). Just that I'm going to be fixing/improving whilst I wait to get on the road. Is the horn easy to wire up to the new steering? The previous owner didn't, instead stuck an ugly button by the ignition
tom130691
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two wires mate should be simple
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd change the stalks as it sounds like he has broken the tabs that come out when turned on

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Gary
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its most likely the wheels fault as they'll normally supply you with a plate to go behind the wheel that has a tab on it to cancel your indicator
corsa-vxr

11th May 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aftermarket steering wheels mines have never cancelled out auto lol just do it myself although i rarely use them anyways
Gary
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-vxr
i rarely use them anyways

Well your a bellend
corsa king

12th May 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help guys! I'll be taking a closer look as soon as my exams are over and done with!

New Poll