corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My House - 31/08: Updated with Bathroom refit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My House - 31/08: Updated with Bathroom refit
Lawrah
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Sep 12 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic work, well done.
SXI - Matt

19th Sep 12 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's pretty much the exact same we have fitted in our new house, except our carcass matches the work top, looks lovely mate
Ben G

19th Sep 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that kitchen is very impressive.

love the polished floor tiles aswell. glad you didn't go dark as we have black polished ones and they show up every mark.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah we weren't a fan of dark flooring as it shows up every bit of dirt or footprint. Particularly as we have a kitchen door leading to the garden.

We're very pleased.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
stuartmitchell

19th Sep 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great! Well done mate and congrats
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Oct 12 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I have some more stuff to talk about

Firstly, we got the kitchen done and I am replacing all the sockets and switches in Brushed Silver ones. The massive thing with the cooker switch and another socket I couldn't get in silver. My mate Olly came round and kindly took the surround away, got rid of the rust and painted it Ford Frozen White

Much better!

We also got a new kitchen light in the B&Q 20% off weekend the other week. Standard for a kitchen really, Looks loads better than the shitty UFO the previous owners had stuck to the ceiling.

The missus was at home the other day and some canvassers came round trying to give away free loft insulation. She said yeah and they dropped it round. 4 fucking massive rolls. I've stuck 2 in the loft and given the rest to my parents

We had the plasterer back on Thursday of this week to give a quote for covering up the exposed stairs. We have hated these since we moved in so finally decided to get it done. He came to do the work on Friday morning

Trying to decide to paint it white like the ceilings, or Ivory Lace like the walls.

I also painted the hallway and last wall in the kitchen today. A productive Saturday!!

Lee_fr200

27th Oct 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking work there mate
Kev_GSI

28th Oct 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great work. garden looks tiny but make of it what you can
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Mar 13 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back again.

Bathroom is being ripped out tomorrow and the new one fitted. The plan is to rejig the whole layout and have a shower over the bath. I will keep you updated on how we get on.

Also here is a picture of the under stairs now it is all finished. We have to look at it every evening, So much nicer when that was done! Money well spent lol.

Ben G

29th Mar 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got that tv cabinet corona from the range?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jul 13 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have been here a year tomorrow. Small house, but we love it. Best bit is Harvey got into his school and starts in September.

We decided to see if we could revamp the driveway two Saturdays ago. We don't have a spare grand to get it block paved. Hard work, but it was a day well spent! Especially for my poor missus who was getting all of the weeds out. Weather was baking all day

Before - Weeds and looking quite rough.

Picked up some spare slabs my Grandad had. Luckily, they turned out to be the perfect amount. Honda workhorse is still going strong...

Old slabs to be replaced (I used half of these for a shed base last year)

Trial run before we stuck them down:

Dug out the stones on the right, put weed resistant fabric in and put a load more stones on:

Final shot:

I redid the slab on the right and concreted all round the edges. It's turned out fairly level in the end. I don't claim to be a paving expert or anything.

Total cost: £45

Pop

17th Jul 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great job on the drive, it looks so much better!
Haimsey
Premium Member

18th Jul 13 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great improvement!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's up for sale. Taking advantage of the decent market here at the mo and have stuck it on for £185k asking price.

Positive mortgage appt yesterday, so we could be on the move again!

Haimsey
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with the sale.

What would you picture next? Semi detached? Garage?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen a 3 bed mid terraced for 220k that I quite like.

BYRON

3rd Jun 14 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck Phil
P1CK4D

4th Jun 14 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The transformation you made here is insane! Good luck on the move though, onwards and upwards as they say.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to stay now and remortgaged with the Nationwide for a 2 year fix.

Click here for my Nationwide thread - Defo recommended if anyone is thinking of using them.

We were honestly in two minds about what to do. The housing market around here went through what seemed to be a mini-boom in early 2014. Trying to sell looked to be like a good option to take advantage of the decent prices being achieved. However, combined with the lack of options available to buy and perhaps being a little too late alon
g to the party we decided to remortgage and stay after a few weeks of trying to sell. Happy days.

The bathroom refit

We had started the Bathroom in March 2013 and got the majority of the work done at the time. I got a little lazy and left the final bits (lino and bath panel) to be fitted a few months ago.

I gave it a good clean today, so took some pictures so I can show you the whole thing.

So here goes. Firstly, the state of the bathroom when we moved in. It was grubby, old, smelly and disgusting. We had to use it for a few months, so it went though a deep clean to make it usable for a while.

Plan was to rejig the whole lay out of the room to allow for a proper thermostatic shower to be installed over the bath. The room is narrow and long, but I knew it could be done with a bit of work.

Stripping off two layers of tiles. Lazy bastards from before had tiled over the old shit.

It was my intention to bring this ledge up level with the window sill, so there were not two ledges. (You'll see further down).

Bathroom fitters arrived and ripped out everything and started work on the pipework.

Pipework all neatly clipped to the wall and wastes running under the floor. They did a nice job.

Pipework for the new bath filler:

Round the stack - This was rotated for the toilet move and new pipes run for hot/cold and waste to the basin.

Toilet in temporarily:

Sink pipework in:

Bath in

I stepped in to do the plasterboard ready for the tiler (Had to replace the top MDF with Plasterboard after!) :

Tiler in and we painted it - B&Q Gloss White Tiles and Black/Grey Mosaic with Dulux Brilliant White Bathroom Paint for the ceilings and walls:

Out of progress pics now - So fast forward a year or so and here are some pictures taken this morning.

Finished with Flash Bathroom cleaner and Meguiars Last touch (Seriously)....

You can see how the rejig has worked, it is a lot better now.

Radiator replaced with Heated rail.

Here is a better pic of the shower. It's a Bristan thermostatic shower.

Corner full size basin - Surprisingly hard to find actually. Pop up wastes are quite cool.

Toilet is RAK Ceramics. Square loo seat was strange at first!

Bath Panel is Wooden and the flooring is Lino.

Hope you like it. We are very pleased.

Chris x

31st Aug 14 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great!
Graham88

2nd Sep 14 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll