corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My House - 31/08: Updated with Bathroom refit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My House - 31/08: Updated with Bathroom refit
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Mar 12 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offers all accepted over the last few days. My house under offer from the weekend. I had one offer from an investor who was quite frankly pissing me off. She was cash and proceedable but offered low. Found a prop that needs work and tried to make it work offer wise. Accepted another viewing which happened this weekend got an offer £1k under asking

Had offer accepted on a 2 bed in a much nicer area. And most importantly close to a decent school. I call it a Wendy house because it's smaller than current place. Needs a load of work and a conservatory in the future but it's all part of it I guess!

Sols instructed and a long way to go. Hopefully be done in 4-6 weeks. I have been building a little pack on my current place to take to the solicitor tomorrow.

[Edited on 15-07-2012 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 16-09-2012 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 18-09-2012 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 27-10-2012 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 28-03-2013 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 16-07-2013 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 01-06-2014 by VegasPhil]

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
whitter45

28th Mar 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck with it all
BYRON

30th Mar 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Phil. Whereabouts is the new house?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Locks Heath mate. It's tiny really but will be nice once it's done. Ticks the boxes otherwise.

Edit: first drama last night. Solicitor called in a flap because apparently the garage wasn't registered when I bought it. Got to get that sorted first. Lucky I know who I bought it from

[Edited on 30-03-2012 by VegasPhil]

VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mortgage offer is out. Applied at the Halifax on Monday and got an e-mail from the adviser last night saying it's out

Rapid.

M2RTY

6th Apr 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had mortgage sorted in 2 hours from halifax, they move fast
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed this will be exchanging on Tuesday and looking to complete on the 6th July. Been round to the new place to have a look today and the buyer here came round for a final check today.

She's getting a bloody bargain IMO, buying to let it out at a 7% yield.

On well. Onwards and upwards.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took these photos earlier. The house has been empty since March as the owner has gone back to leeds.

Thought someone might be checking the place over Had a peek and the back garden is a touch overgrown.

[Edited on 22-06-2012 by VegasPhil]

Ben G

22nd Jun 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that does look a little small but i'm sure it'll look great when you put your own touch on it.

mental grass
AlunJ

23rd Jun 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck cutting that grass looks tidy
Gareth T

24th Jun 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congrats phil will look good once youve done the work.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Jun 12 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All ready now, signed and the buyer has moved the money over. Should exchange on the wendy house on Monday.

SXI - Matt

30th Jun 12 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some work cut out there but looks like it'll be fun, how come you down sized?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanted to move to a nicer area to get my little boy into school we want. The things you do for your kids!

daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That grass is not that bad My mate is looking to rent a house that has been empty since February, and grass is way longer, probably not helped by a water leak though!
Gareth T

2nd Jul 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a nice little house though phil.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Jul 12 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still the saga continues.

We have had to break the chain on our house becuase the buyer has had enough! Fair enough really. Anyway... It seems we will be moving out this weekend and exchanging this afternoon for completion on Tuesday on the sale only.

Risky, as there is a small chance we won't be able to proceed on the property we are buying and will end up homeless

I'm off to pick up a VW Crafter after work and get vacating

VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Jul 12 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exchanged on the sale

Here are the pictures on the purchase taken last week. As of now we are still yet to exchange on this purchase. Hopefully will happen tomorrow. A little risky but the worst that can happen is that we will be chain free buyers if everything falls through.

Pics of the Wendy House:

Kitchen being designed. Will be going for a Cream Gloss finish. Need to get that ordered ASAP!

Living Room:

Bathroom - Grim. Will be replacing ASAP:

Outside shots. Everything that is ours is overgrown Our allocated space is the one next to that blue Corsa C.

[Edited on 15-07-2012 by VegasPhil]

Gareth T

19th Jul 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a nice little place. makes me wish i could afford to buy somewhere.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

23rd Jul 12 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Redone all of the bedrooms and lounge stairs and landing. Carpet and the Cloud 9 underlay going down tomorrow. A few progress pics are on my phone.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have bought a new laptop today. I will update with what we have done so far later on today.

P1CK4D

17th Sep 12 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You pretty much doing all the work yourself?
N16K

18th Sep 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear garden looks a good size.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Sep 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then, Finally we have a new laptop so I can share some progress of where we are so far.
We suddenly had to exchange and complete on the sale and vacate the old property as we had given the investors a key undertaking. They were making allsorts of threats to pull the sale, so we thought fuck it and left.

I hired a van at 2pm and picked it up after work, recruited a load of family and friends to help and got going. Technically we were homeless for a few days. The whole house was in my parents and grandparents garages and our cars and we were living out of suitcases. This is how we lived for a week whilst we sorted everything out.

OK, so 17th July – Day one we got in there and the house was stinking. It was an ex rental that was filthy dirty and needed redecorating throughout. The previous tenants were on benefits and according to the neighbors had a load of cats and dogs.

We started stripping out everything that could hold in the smells ready for cleaning and painting. We pulled down all the old light fittings and repainted the ceilings in Matt White – We left at 2am the first night.

Upstairs Interior Doors were rubbed down and painted with White Satinwood. Finished with brand new hinges and cleaned up all the handles etc.

All whitework was painted with Satinwood and the walls with Dulux Ivory Lace.

Taming the Garden

Picked up the carpet in the amazing Honda. This car has been an amazing workhorse for this project.

Carpet down in the bedroom. Cloud 9 Underlay is underneath.

We spent a few days sitting on the underlay whilst we waited for the carpet fitter to come round the following Tuesday.

One week after we got the keys the carpet was fitted in the lounge.

Bought the sofa round...

Moved the shit rockery and dug out and built a shed base with my mates, then built the shed with my old man.

Garden mowed again – Ran out of Cuprinol hence unpainted strips on the shed!

VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Sep 12 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kitchen was the next stage.

Firstly collected the tiles and ordered the kitchen from B&Q. They said it would take a couple of weeks to deliver.

Removed the old kitchen ready for the plasterer.

The right hand side of this unit was disgusting. Other than the usual animal hair it was obvious from the smell that cats had pissed all down the back of it, the smell was insane.

Plasterer in:

Tiles being fitted.

Ready to be grouted:

Grouted, Using an Ivory Grout.

Whitewash:

Ivory Lace Kitchen Paint for the walls:

Build the carcass (Left until the last minute):

And fitted:

This was all done by the end of the first month. Sadly the Bathroom hasn't been done yet. Will update the progress when we get there.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll